• The KillerFrogs

Miami Herald: Hanna Cavinder returning to UM after one-year hiatus. Twin sister Haley might join her

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Hanna Cavinder returning to UM after one-year hiatus. Twin sister Haley might join her

www.msn.com.ico
Miami Herald on MSN.com|14 hours ago

iu

Hanna Cavinder (15) announced she is coming back to the University of Miami after a one-year hiatus. Her twin sister Haley (14) may join her. Al Diaz adiaz@miamiherald.com Hanna Cavinder is returning to the University of Miami women's basketball team for a final season after a one-year hiatus from the game.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...-twin-sister-haley-might-join-her/ar-BB1lObOx

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Some of the headlines were that the twins announce their plans to return. Haley already had of course.

This article speculates on the basis the twins shooting and practicing together but they do that all the time in their social media videos.

They are twins and do almost everything together it seems, so it would not surprise if Haley decides to return to Miami. Or how about Hanna coming here?

East Coast

Tier 1
Hanna has been trying to carve out her own identity, and Haley has always been the better player in college. Is Haley still dating that Cowboys player? I think that's the main reason she is in DFW.

Edit: Info is from my nephew's girlfriend (they are in Miami and he went there) so take it for what it is worth.

y2kFrog

Hanna has been trying to carve out her own identity, and Haley has always been the better player in college. Is Haley still dating that Cowboys player? I think that's the main reason she is in DFW.

Edit: Info is from my nephew's girlfriend (they are in Miami and he went there) so take it for what it is worth.

He went to Wisconsin so a little bit off on that one.

JogginFrog

Seeing how LSU built a national championship gymnastics squad in no small part by leveraging the platforms of two NIL/social media megastars, I would not be so quick to dismiss the impact of the transfer.

There is very little money in women's pro sports and quite a bit of money in endorsements, fashion, and influencing. I'm pretty sure coaches recognize that teammates of the most-seen players get seen more, and that moves the needle in recruiting.

You think it's coincidence that HC Campbell worked to sign both Cavinder and Van Lith? By the way, Sedona Prince and Jaden Owens are also savvy audience builders.

Dismiss it as a distraction if you want, but I'd say it's a key element in program development for women's sports.

Latest posts