Men's Basketball up to 11

Paradoxotaur

go to 11 spinal tap GIF

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Curious thing:

Kansas goes DOWN 7 spots,
TCU goes UP 3 spots.

Defies the rules of physics: for each action there is a equal reaction.

Shouldn't the Boyz be somewhere near 6-7-8?

Yes, I remember now, there's NO BIAS against the "small schools."
By Boyz, I assume you mean TCU? We were 1-1 for the week. Had we beaten WVU, we probably would’ve been higher.

Last edited:
Crazy Top 25 stats—

The state of Texas alone has 4 teams in the Top 17, three more than the entire Big Ten has in the Top 25. This might be a historical low for the Big Ten—only 1 of 14 teams, Purdue.

The Big XII has 6 teams in the top 17 including 5 in the top 12. Add in incoming Houston and that is 7 in the top 17 and 6 in the top 12 (50%).

@Pitt Friend — Ironic, because it is underappreciated by fans of those Texas schools and the state of Texas. Probably empty seats in all four of those Texas arenas with capacities of 10,000 or less.

Last edited:

An-Cap Frog

Was listening to a podcast and the commentator said that he was concerned about TCU's 3 point shooting. He also said that we struggle in half court sets. I haven't watched enough games, but I feel like you don't need to shoot 3s when you can get layups. Also, the high pick and roll game is solid. Am I just smoking some thing or was he?

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
Was listening to a podcast and the commentator said that he was concerned about TCU's 3 point shooting. He also said that we struggle in half court sets. I haven't watched enough games, but I feel like you don't need to shoot 3s when you can get layups. Also, the high pick and roll game is solid. Am I just smoking some thing or was he?
3-point shooting has been hot or cold -- they shot 2 of 8 against WV but 8 of 15 against Kansas, for example.
And you're right, when the fast break is working, they're not shooting them. The half court sets seem to be pass until there's 2-3 seconds left then put up whatever you've got.