• The KillerFrogs

Mayweather v McGregor official...

Wexahu

To show you how out of touch I am (or how little I care about this fight) I thought it was this past weekend given how much its been in the news. What are they gonna do for the next 6 weeks?

Realtorfrog

To show you how out of touch I am (or how little I care about this fight) I thought it was this past weekend given how much its been in the news. What are they gonna do for the next 6 weeks?

I've been on vacation and if I hadn't read the first page I would have asked who won?

Mean Purple

Wait, this fight still has not happened? They have been talking about it forever, it seems like.
I'm guessing there are some really good prize fights that are not getting the normal attention while this side show continues.

f_399

I can almost guarantee you that the press conference is the most entertaining part of all this.

netty2424

This can't be a good sign for McGregor fans....

Conor McGregor ‘knocked out in boxing sparring by Bradley Wheeler’ ahead of Floyd Mayweather super-fight

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/4034...ocked-out-sparring-ahead-of-floyd-mayweather/
Would be surprised if this is true.

1. The head gear that boxers typically wear while sparring does a pretty good job of taking the pressure off of the jaw to prevent knock outs.

2. These sparring sessions are closely guarded outside of the videos the camps release for the press. I can't imagine Conor's camp would allow that info to get out. These guys they bring in sign contracts too.

But stuff leaks so who knows. Just feel like this may be part of the hype.

f_399

Who is buying this or attending a watching party?

Do you feel like it has more or less hype than the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight?

What sucks is that more people are going to buy this fight over Triple G vs. Canelo and that will be an infinitely better fight with the true current stars of boxing.

BigDubya2012

Full disclosure: I am not a fan of either boxer or MMA. I am, however, a huge fan of watching YouTube videos of people beating the crap out of each other over chicken nuggets, so the allure of the martial arts is not beyond me.

That being said, I was duped into watching the "fight of the century" Moneyweather v Pacquiao and it was the biggest waste of time. Floyd dances the whole night and wins the decision. Got fooled once, so shame on me. I won't be watching again. I personally think this "fight" (skirmish) is going to be the same result.

The true cynic in me hopes that either D Bagel gets KO'd/DQ'd in the first 2 minutes to troll everyone who is wasting $$$ to watch this over the top marketing disaster.

As you can tell, I miss football! Go Frogs

pgdaly84

Anyone remember Ali's fiasco with the giant Japanese wrestler/marshal arts guy. A LT of running around, but little else.
There's an article about this in ESPN.com today. Ali vs. Antonio Inoki. Ali didn't realize it was a real fight until a week before. They made Inoki agree to only throw kicks while grounded, and that's what he did. Kicked Ali's legs so much that he developed blood clots and nearly died.

Zubaz

There's an article about this in ESPN.com today. Ali vs. Antonio Inoki. Ali didn't realize it was a real fight until a week before. They made Inoki agree to only throw kicks while grounded, and that's what he did. Kicked Ali's legs so much that he developed blood clots and nearly died.
It was also an international card. Part of the "showdown at Shea". The American portion saw Andre the fight Chuck Werner, who was the inspiration for Rocky. I'm pretty sure that match was a work though.

netty2424

It was also an international card. Part of the "showdown at Shea". The American portion saw Andre the fight Chuck Werner, who was the inspiration for Rocky. I'm pretty sure that match was a work though.

There's a display of hand molds, kind of like the hall of fame busts, at the downtown Dallas Baylor Medical Center and Andre the Giants hands are displayed there. They're so massive it's honestly hard to believe.

Zubaz

There's a display of hand molds, kind of like the hall of fame busts, at the downtown Dallas Baylor Medical Center and Andre the Giants hands are displayed there. They're so massive it's honestly hard to believe.
gt38whhq9npy.jpg

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

I saw Andre at DFW on one of those carts. It looked so odd from a distance. It didn't look like a real person. When he passed us you could see the the cart was leaning so far to the right under his weight I thought it was about to go over.