• The KillerFrogs

Mavs get Lamar Odom for almost nothing?

cdsfrog

Cant believe that happened.

Shot 53% last year, almost 9 rebounds. Kobe is pissed

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7341952/los-angeles-lakers-lamar-odom-dealt-dallas-mavericks-asking-trade

Froggle Rock

Odom requested a trade after the CP3 stuff fell through, and the Lakers got a decent trade exception from Dallas that might help them land Dwight Howard in a trade..

cdsfrog

Odom requested a trade after the CP3 stuff fell through, and the Lakers got a decent trade exception from Dallas that might help them land Dwight Howard in a trade..

Dwight isnt looking into LA that seriously. Nets are a much bigger target for him.

Lamar Odom is a 1 year deal for the Mavs, Team option for 2013. Mavs got a great deal for Odom who is playing great. This was a huge trade for them.

Froggle Rock

Dwight isnt looking into LA that seriously. Nets are a much bigger target for him.

Lamar Odom is a 1 year deal for the Mavs, Team option for 2013. Mavs got a great deal for Odom who is playing great. This was a huge trade for them.

Agreed that Dwight isn't sold on LA, but that doesn't mean LA isn't sold on trying to get him.

cdsfrog

Agreed that Dwight isn't sold on LA, but that doesn't mean LA isn't sold on trying to get him.

:laugh: or the Mavs for that matter.

Mavs best hope is Howard stays in Orlando, and Deron Williams comes to the Mavs. :drool

Deron Williams is saying all the right things, but if the Nets cant get anyone around him would he really stay there?

pcf

I'm a Mavs fan, but the NBA looks more and more corrupt every day since the lockout ended.

Lamar Odom for peanuts, but NO Hornets can't ship Chris Paul to LA for a nice assortment of value?

They'll make NO get nothing when he walks.

cdsfrog

I'm a Mavs fan, but the NBA looks more and more corrupt every day since the lockout ended.

Lamar Odom for peanuts, but NO Hornets can't ship Chris Paul to LA for a nice assortment of value?

Wasnt the NBA on the 2nd trade. Clippers didnt want to give the hornets what they were asking for.

1st trade should have went through, no doubt.

dkfrog

that trade exception won't help them get Dwight Howard. It cannot be used as part of a package and it is only worth a little under 9 million - they won't be able to take back hedo.

Only way the Lakers get Dwight at this point is if they send them Bynum AND Gasol. As a Mavs fan, I hope they do this because it means that DWill will be a Mav very soon and the Lakers will not be nearly as good this year or next.

Froggle Rock

A nice assortment of value that would have strapped them long-term. They wouldn't have had a lot of cap space to do much for the next few years, and that devalues the team, which the league is trying to sell. So, while I agree with you that the deal should have gone through, I kind of see why the league nixed it.

cdsfrog

that trade exception won't help them get Dwight Howard. It cannot be used as part of a package and it is only worth a little under 9 million - they won't be able to take back hedo.

Only way the Lakers get Dwight at this point is if they send them Bynum AND Gasol. As a Mavs fan, I hope they do this because it means that DWill will be a Mav very soon and the Lakers will not be nearly as good this year or next.

Ding Ding. Trade isnt happening for that scenario and cant be used for Free Agents (2013)

pcf

A nice assortment of value that would have strapped them long-term. They wouldn't have had a lot of cap space to do much for the next few years, and that devalues the team, which the league is trying to sell. So, while I agree with you that the deal should have gone through, I kind of see why the league nixed it.

The league is confused and doesn't know what they want. Do they want small market NO to be competitive? Sold? Competing with other NBA teams? Get value for Paul? Keep Paul?

Whatever they do, there's a faction against it for different reasons. They lost integrity when they didn't let the GM manage and let all 29 owners have their say in picking it all apart for conflicting and confused reasons.

pcf

Wasnt the NBA on the 2nd trade. Clippers didnt want to give the hornets what they asking for.

1st trade should have went through, no doubt.

From my understanding, it was the league the 2nd time too. Demps wanted to pull the trigger and the NBA owner/league office keeps rejecting.

This lockout with the phony basis of protecting the small markets keeps haunting the league in regard to New Orleans and they look hypocritical.

cdsfrog

From my understanding, it was the league the 2nd time too. Demps wanted to pull the trigger and the NBA owner/league office keeps rejecting.

This lockout with the phony basis of protecting the small markets keeps haunting the league in regard to New Orleans and they look hypocritical.

http://sports.nation...for-chris-paul/

"New Orleans made a fair offer on their end. We didn't think that it was something that we wanted to pursue at this point."

Clippers said no but I agree Stern made it nearly impossible for them to say yes. What a dbag

cdsfrog

Mavs just added Delonte West to backup Jason Kidd. 1 year deal.

Not a bad team considering the cap space they will have next year. They are going to attempt some big time moves next year, question is will they land any big time players

geefrogs

Mavs just added Delonte West to backup Jason Kidd. 1 year deal.

Not a bad team considering the cap space they will have next year. They are going to attempt some big time moves next year, question is will they land any big time players

Can you give us a link about Delonte? I believe you, I just want to get the details.

Interesting offseason for Donnie Nelson.

losing : Tyson, Caron, JJ

adding: Vince, Lamar, Branden Wright, Andy Rautins, and now Delonte

Delonte seems pretty unpredictable in his personal life but as long as he is a good teammate and works hard, cant argue with that signing.

Our backcourt is: Kidd, Terry, West, Roddy B., Rautins, Fernandez and Jones

Frontcourt: Dirk, Matrix, Odom, Wright, and Brewer

Center: Haywood and Mahinmi

cdsfrog

Can you give us a link about Delonte? I believe you, I just want to get the details.

Interesting offseason for Donnie Nelson.

losing : Tyson, Caron, JJ

adding: Vince, Lamar, Branden Wright, Andy Rautins, and now Delonte

Delonte seems pretty unpredictable in his personal life but as long as he is a good teammate and works hard, cant argue with that signing.

Our backcourt is: Kidd, Terry, West, Roddy B., Rautins, Fernandez and Jones

Frontcourt: Dirk, Matrix, Odom, Wright, and Brewer

Center: Haywood and Mahinmi

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/33842645

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I learned about this trade from my wife.

Same here.
blink.gif