• The KillerFrogs

Mack Brown quote

ftwfrog

Don't mistakenly apply the transitive property to his statement. He is speaking in the context of what would happen if the Big 12 were to dissolve. In other words, he's using the "proximity" argument as a reason for Tech, Baylor, OU, OSU, UT and A&M to stay together (obviously, A&M is moot now).

When he says "...in the future, we'll still look for what is best...", he does not mean "look for" as in "consider this factor as we look at expansion teams." What he means is, "we will consider this factor heavily before deciding to leave/implode the Big 12 as we know it today."

In other words, it's not about expansion. It's about not losing what you have.
What Mack's saying is, why students and parents would choose UT over A&M. "Hey parent _____________, you can go watch your kid play every weekend if they go to UT. We play at Baylor, Tech, Dallas, etc. While A&M plays in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, etc " He's talking about recruiting now, not expansion.

Or not... I don't know

What Mack's saying is, why students and parents would choose UT over A&M. "Hey parent _____________, you can go watch your kid play every weekend if they go to UT. We play at Baylor, Tech, Dallas, etc. While A&M plays in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, etc " He's talking about recruiting now, not expansion.

Or not... I don't know

We're saying the same thing.

I was just attempting to caution those who are quick to jump on the Mack Brown love train. He wasn't implying that proximity is important as it relates to expansion, as some were intimating. Rather, it is import to the status quo.

txfrog87

We're saying the same thing.

I was just attempting to caution those who are quick to jump on the Mack Brown love train. He wasn't implying that proximity is important as it relates to expansion, as some were intimating. Rather, it is import to the status quo.

I was implying that he's a slimy, hypocritical jerk.

InterestedObserver

"Texas looks out for Texas. If someone else happens to benefit, that's okay too. Unless that someone else starts to benefit too much, then Texas deserves their piece of that pie as well. After all, the only reason college football exists is because of Texas. This is capitalism and Texas is just taking what they rightfully deserve."

-Signed,

-The Whiney Orange

Frog89

I thought I heard that Mack and CGP pretty good friends. Not that both of them don't already have football seasons to worry about at the moment, but you'd think there would be at least some conversation about this conference stuff at some point... Would love to be a fly on the wall, if so.

Dman890

I love how everyone dissects quotes from people who have nothing to do with the actual decision. I guarantee you that most of this conference realignment stuff runs counter to what most coaches would like to see happen.

Goo

Ehat is best for the student-athlete and what's best for the high school coaches and what's best for the fans, because those three groups are what make college football what it is," Brown said. "Lots of the parents, especially in our state, a lot of them want to stay at home so they can drive to most of the ballgames, and I think that was the unique thing about the Big 12."

That's why Mac wants unranked BYU, it's easier trip to Provo than Ft Worth for fans, parents, friends, etc