• The KillerFrogs

Luper interviewing with Browns

Eight

It's the NFL, man. What is there not to get?

it could be a one year gig in a [ Finebaum ]ty situation as i said i understand if he wants to look for a job outside tcu and understand interviewing but if he takes it rent don't buy and don't go beyond 12 months on the lease

Moose Stuff

Couple years ago this might have been a devastating scenario for us. Feel like Fitch, Gonzo, Modkins are capable of filling that void as young engaging recruiters that the kids really relate to if it were to happen now.

pgdaly84

Couple years ago this might have been a devastating scenario for us. Feel like Fitch, Gonzo, Modkins are capable of filling that void as young engaging recruiters that the kids really relate to if it were to happen now.

My feelings exactly. Modkins apparently got the 10th coaching spot because CGP thinks he’ll be a lights out recruiter. Lupe is still the best, but we’ve developed enough guys to soften the blow.

Moose Stuff

At the end of the day things like coaches leaving TCU for the NFL, or leaving TCU to take promotions/Head Coaching jobs at other programs, or players declaring early for the NFL are all signs that the program is achieving the successes we want from it. Also makes it that much easier to attract the next great coach or big recruit.

BABYFACE

From the economics of it: The contract would have to have financial guarantees that make sense for him to leave. Going to the NFL will look good his resume.

The question is whether he is ok striking out a new path and looking for a new job if the Cleveland one doesn’t pan out. Or is he content coaching at TCU and living in Fort Worth.

H

handsome

great news for modkins and hope he does a great job not just for the program but for his career. any ideas for future of jason phillips? isnt there a limit on how long he can stay in his current role

If Modkins got the 10th spot then Phillips is going to have to move on to a different job because, unless I'm mistaken, his time as a GA is up which means somebody has to fill in and coach the LB's...any ideas who GP will have do that because I can't think of anyone who would have done a better job than Phillips. I mean here's a guy who ran the defense for 4 years, played pro ball and then came back to learn from Coach P and has done a decent if not very good job. I trust that GP has something lined up because otherwise we're going to go through some rough years at linebacker training a new coach on how TCU plays the LB position, which is substantially different than any other defense in the country. I'm sure GMFP has a solid plan for the future but why get rid of a guy that has been groomed for 3 years, completely understands the culture of the program and is as credible as any coach in the country for that position? It will all work out because that's what GP does but losing Phillips could turn out to be a big loss when it comes to that position and the defense in general.

PO Frog

If Modkins got the 10th spot then Phillips is going to have to move on to a different job because, unless I'm mistaken, his time as a GA is up which means somebody has to fill in and coach the LB's...any ideas who GP will have do that because I can't think of anyone who would have done a better job than Phillips. I mean here's a guy who ran the defense for 4 years, played pro ball and then came back to learn from Coach P and has done a decent if not very good job. I trust that GP has something lined up because otherwise we're going to go through some rough years at linebacker training a new coach on how TCU plays the LB position, which is substantially different than any other defense in the country. I'm sure GMFP has a solid plan for the future but why get rid of a guy that has been groomed for 3 years, completely understands the culture of the program and is as credible as any coach in the country for that position? It will all work out because that's what GP does but losing Phillips could turn out to be a big loss when it comes to that position and the defense in general.
You should definitely let GP know.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Honestly I doubt GP has even thought about this. Probably doesn't even realize that it's an issue. He isn't usually aware of what's going on in his program.

Limp Lizard

At least as a pro coach you don't have to be out recruiting all year. That is the thing I would hate most about being a college FB coach. That and having to try to control 18-22 YO males, aka the dumbest people on the planet.

TCUWIN

Any possibility that GP already knows that Coach Luper is gone or wants to be gone, or another coach is panning on leaving or retiring. That would leave an opening for J. Phillips. And a GA job to fill the position of the coach that is leaving. Who all is out recruiting? May be we can narrow down possibilities. Is Phillips recruiting?