• The KillerFrogs

Lubbock Avalanche-Journal: Tech denies reports Glasgow out as defensive coordinator

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Lubbock Avalanche-Journal: Tech denies reports Glasgow out as defensive coordinator

By Don Williams

A Texas Tech spokesman denied two reports Tuesday that Chad Glasgow is out as defensive coordinator of the Red Raiders.

"Chad Glasgow has not been fired and is still on our coaching staff," said Blayne Beal, Tech's associate athletic director for media relations.

CBSSports.com's Bruce Feldman posted on Twitter: "Just heard that Tommy Tuberville has fired Texas Tech DC Chad Glasgow. That's fourth assistant to go this offseason there." ...

Morado Muerte

By Don Williams

A Texas Tech spokesman denied two reports Tuesday that Chad Glasgow is out as defensive coordinator of the Red Raiders.

"Chad Glasgow has not been fired and is still on our coaching staff," said Blayne Beal, Tech's associate athletic director for media relations.

CBSSports.com's Bruce Feldman posted on Twitter: "Just heard that Tommy Tuberville has fired Texas Tech DC Chad Glasgow. That's fourth assistant to go this offseason there." ...

The key there is he says "has not" been fired. If they really wanted to make a statement, they would have said "will not" be fired.

Gunner

With this kinda' pub, Tech may have more recruit defections. Wouldn't get you a bigtime surge of confidence, now would it?

BABYFACE

It didn't bother me that Glasgow took the DC position at Tech because it was a promotion from being a position coach. I was happy for Chad as I was happy for Fuente getting the HC gig at Memphis.

Can't blame coaches getting chance at a promotion. However, the lesson learned here by Glasgow, is coaches like Tubberville and his ilk will fire anyone deserved or not. It is done to move the blame away from the HC.

HoustonFrog

He should get out of Lubbock while he can, can't see how Tubberville makes it any longer than through next season, also fair number of openings other places..

GeraldMyers

I'm curious as to your thoughts on all this. Tech is the fourth team in the Big 12 to try the 4-2-5 and the fourth to scrap it pretty quickly.

Any Frogs out there worried about using the 4-2-5 in the Big 12 next year?

Not a slam, just curious as to how you guys think about it.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I'm curious as to your thoughts on all this. Tech is the fourth team in the Big 12 to try the 4-2-5 and the fourth to scrap it pretty quickly.

Patterson has a good record against B12 teams with it.

angelo's frog

Bennett is running it at Baylor and they improved some this year. Didn't Goodner run the 4-2-5 in Lubbock when he was there?

Paul

You need a certain type of player to make the 4-2-5 work, especially at the safety position. You also need a coach that really knows how to run the defense. None of those schools had the players and coaches to make it work.

Liverlips

While some may run the 4-2-5, none run our 4-2-5. Glasgow didn't even coach his own position while he was here and was in over his head. With that said, Tuberville wouldn't allow him to run the defense the way Chad wanted to...no slants, no stunts, limited blitz packages...it was a recipe for disaster. The D that TCU runs works for two reasons. 1. Patterson is Rain Man with it...no one can run it like he does. 2. It relies on deception and speed to create havoc early on in the play progression. If you don't allow for slants, stunts, etc., you expose your linebackers to constant contact with the lineman and your corners to extended coverage times in man-to-man which is almost always disastrous

FROGDADDY

While some may run the 4-2-5, none run our 4-2-5. Glasgow didn't even coach his own position while he was here and was in over his head. With that said, Tuberville wouldn't allow him to run the defense the way Chad wanted to...no slants, no stunts, limited blitz packages...it was a recipe for disaster. The D that TCU runs works for two reasons. 1. Patterson is Rain Man with it...no one can run it like he does. 2. It relies on deception and speed to create havoc early on in the play progression. If you don't allow for slants, stunts, etc., you expose your linebackers to constant contact with the lineman and your corners to extended coverage times in man-to-man which is almost always disastrous
Maybe Tech should hire YOU. :)