• The KillerFrogs

Lubbock Avalanche-Journal: Red Raiders try to snap skid against TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Lubbock Avalanche-Journal: Red Raiders try to snap skid against TCU

Don Williams
Lubbock Avalanche-Journal

When Texas Tech plays a Big 12 series opener this weekend, the opposing pitcher the Red Raiders see on Friday night against TCU figures to be the pitcher who beat them last year on a Sunday at Kansas.

Ryan Vanderhei struck out nine in six innings to lead Kansas over Tech 8-5 in a series finale, and after the season ended, the tall righthander had his name in the NCAA transfer portal.

"He's a guy that's probably up to 95, 96 (miles per hour), good slider," Tech coach Tim Tadlock said Thursday. "He can really hit a golf ball. I played 18 holes out here with him when he came on a visit. He didn't beat me in that, so if that's worth anything. He's one of the few guys I've ever played golf with on a visit. His visit couldn't have gone any better here. We had a great couple of days."

Read more at https://www.lubbockonline.com/story...ers-try-to-snap-skid-against-tcu/70061643007/

ShreveFrog

Anyone know what the convo was about between Vanderhei and home plate ump, then Saarloos during Vanderhei’s first inning warmup?