• The KillerFrogs

LT’s HOF induction and recruiting...

WhatTheFrog

This is something that just popped into my mind. What are the odds that LT goes into the HOF and TCU has its best recruiting class in the same year? Does LT’s legacy help to assure recruits that they can achieve the same goal, or is our recruiting based solely on what the team had achieved on the field the last few years? Is it all on the recruiting ability of the staff (Cumbie, in particular, regarding Rogers)?

I would like to know your thoughts on the subject.

VictoryLap

LT's prime NFL years were ~2004 to 2009 so most recruits in this class were under ten years old during that period. I'm sure it does have an impact, but I suspect it is not at the top of the list of things that move the needle.

RufeBruton

LT's prime NFL years were ~2004 to 2009 so most recruits in this class were under ten years old during that period. I'm sure it does have an impact, but I suspect it is not at the top of the list of things that move the needle.

Might be true, but the recruits' coaches were likely from LT's era. I'd suspect that the name of TCU and LT are connected.

Ron Swanson

This is one of those things that we think about, but no one else really does.

Do you think Miami Ohio is gonna see a big boost in 8 years when Big Ben gets inducted? Or Michigan with Brady?

WhatTheFrog

This is one of those things that we think about, but no one else really does.

Do you think Miami Ohio is gonna see a big boost in 8 years when Big Ben gets inducted? Or Michigan with Brady?

Not sure about Miami, OH since they aren’t a P5 school, but Michigan could? Michigan already gets a boost in recruiting because they are Michigan, something that TCU hasn’t had until recently (without the LT induction).