• The KillerFrogs

Looks like the 2:30 ABC/ESPN2 games on 10/28 are:

Limp Lizard

TCU - ISU
UCLA - Washington

Of course I would want our game to be on ABC, but I also have some good objective reasons, too. TCU is higher ranked than one-loss Washington and is undefeated. ISU has 2 losses, one in conference, UCLA has 3 losses, 2 in conference. ISU is a proven giant killer this season and, ok, UCLA did beat a ranked team (Stanford). Washington plays at home while TCU has to go to Ames. So more possibility of an upset Mr. Network Execs.

It will be a little chilly (in the lower 40's) but pretty sunny so the players should be very comfortable.

Just no Beth Mowins or buzz saw guy, please.

MAcFroggy

I believe our game is on at the same time as penn state - Ohio state. That game is on fox though. This will probably limit our actual exposure a little bit.

Baja Frog

TCU - ISU
UCLA - Washington

Of course I would want our game to be on ABC, but I also have some good objective reasons, too. TCU is higher ranked than one-loss Washington and is undefeated. ISU has 2 losses, one in conference, UCLA has 3 losses, 2 in conference. ISU is a proven giant killer this season and, ok, UCLA did beat a ranked team (Stanford). Washington plays at home while TCU has to go to Ames. So more possibility of an upset Mr. Network Execs.

It will be a little chilly (in the lower 40's) but pretty sunny so the players should be very comfortable.

Just no Beth Mowins or buzz saw guy, please.
Say what? Stanford beat ucla by 22 points

TCUdirtbag

ABC or ESPN? Do we know yet?

It’s an ABC/ESPN2 reverse mirror with the Washington/UCLA game.

Haven’t had one of these in a while. What this means is some media markets carry our game on ABC with UW/UCLA on ESPN2 and some carry UW/UCLA on ABC with our game on ESPN2.

The mirror is typically reasonable geographically. The west coast and most markets in the rocky mountain regional will likely have our game on ESPN2. The plains (Big 12) states and the east coast will likely have our game inn ABC. You can be sure Texas markets will have our game on ABC. East coast likely picks up the closer, ranked matchup for network.

netty2424

Greg McElroy should enjoy the call. He didn't have much good to say about us on College Football Live a few weeks ago. Maybe he's seen enough now to believe.

CountryFrog

Greg McElroy should enjoy the call. He didn't have much good to say about us on College Football Live a few weeks ago. Maybe he's seen enough now to believe.
He's never liked TCU. He said we would get physically manhandled by Ole Miss in the Peach Bowl. Maybe Gary didn't recruit him hard enough when he was at Southlake and he's been carrying around a Baker Mayfield type resentment since then.

netty2424

He's never liked TCU. He said we would get physically manhandled by Ole Miss in the Peach Bowl. Maybe Gary didn't recruit him hard enough when he was at Southlake and he's been carrying around a Baker Mayfield type resentment since then.
I didn't realize he was a Southlake kid. Adds another level of strange to his anti-TCU stance.

dawg

McElroy, who had one of worst ever performances by a quarterback in a national championship game, is an secsecsec homer. Darn him. He physically can't EAD, because all 14 secsecsec ones are permanently attached to his mouth.

Am I alone in thinking Fox has better announcing crews than ABC/ESPN? Especially since Nessler left for CBS. Herbie and Fowler are pretty good, but the rest kind of have the suck.

He does weekly picks on his radio show. In 2014, if you looked at his weekly picks, he picked us to win 8 games and lose 5 (including the Peach Bowl, as you pointed out). He did this after he saw we were thrashing teams every week all year long in 2014. He was still convinced WVU, KState and UT would beat us when he made those picks during game week. He did the same thing in 2015.