• The KillerFrogs

Looking Ahead: 2017 Baseball Season

TCUdirtbag

Pharm Frog said:
I get what you are saying but there's a difference between being "not for profit" and needing to generate revenue (or in this case, not lose as much money). Where I completely sympathize is that I think it shows exceedingly poor form to have people on a waiting list and then change the system to effectively erase the list. That's simply not right if that's what happened. As long as demand exists (or the University or program can generate demand via transferable priority points) I would expect them to continue raising prices in favor of those willing to pay larger sums. To me it has nothing to do with being not-for-profit. Its about acquiring as much revenue as possible as easily as possible as immediately as possible. 

I agree but would add that in building a fan base there is a bit more to consider than just the dollars and cents in terms of ticket revenues.  Building a fan base requires a longer-term financial model, but loyalty is different to project into future dollars and cents. 

And yeah, throwing out the waiting list was trashy.

TCUdirtbag

frogtex said:
I've heard CJS say they researched this before and the concern is the fans in lcf having to possibly look into the setting sun

Would be awesome though!

this makes sense, but I bet people would enjoy the party patio for all the Tuesday and Friday and sometimes Saturday night games that wouldn't involve looking into the setting sun. I think this ship sailed when they put the home bp and the new video board out there, though

GoFrog Yourself

TCUdirtbag said:

this makes sense, but I bet people would enjoy the party patio for all the Tuesday and Friday and sometimes Saturday night games that wouldn't involve looking into the setting sun. I think this ship sailed when they put the home bp and the new video board out there, though
Agreed, not much more room out there, and I didn't think about the sun setting behind 1st base. Perhaps someone can talk Del Conte into setting up a beer garden down the first base line like Rice has at Reckling. Then he could profit further off our drinking habits

Purp

Get Your Frogs Up said:

Uh, what?...
Not sure if serious.  I'm saying I'd drink some beers and wear sunglasses to enjoy a game there in spite of the setting sun.  Plus, it would only be an issue for maybe half an hour of each game.  We could call that the shotgun inning and make up a drinking game to get through it.

Pharm Frog

TCUdirtbag said:

I agree but would add that in building a fan base there is a bit more to consider than just the dollars and cents in terms of ticket revenues.  Building a fan base requires a longer-term financial model, but loyalty is different to project into future dollars and cents. 

And yeah, throwing out the waiting list was trashy.

Agree completely. While I'm not a big proponent of the concept of "sustainable business" as currently popularly defined, I know and have seen that sustainable business practices most often include a substantial number of intangible factors. Because these don't easily show up on next quarter's financial sheets, they are often neglected to the extreme detriment of sustained economic rents.

Pharm Frog

frogtex said:
I've heard CJS say they researched this before and the concern is the fans in lcf having to possibly look into the setting sun

Would be awesome though!

So that's a concern? Pardon me if I call [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] on that. There's a reason and it doesn't have a damn thing to do with the sunset.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I have a hat, and sunglasses, and I'm not afraid to use them...

Mrs. Brewingfrog and I like the terraced outfield. Most games there's plenty of room, and we can stretch out. All is well.

BABYFACE

Purp said:
Enough beers and a pair of Costas solves this problem.
So if I have enough of these:
crown-beer-portfolio.jpg

And a pair of Costa Rican's
costa-rican-girls.jpg

I will be fine?

flyfishingfrog

BABYFACE said:
No penis envy here. I don't feel like I am owed something.

The point I am making is that there is demand for seats that exceed supply at Lupton. I would think you could see how that could be frustrating to those who like to purchase season ticket reserved seats when they see a good chunk of seats not be used on a regular basis. Side note: Until seat demand exceeds supply at basketball games, i don't think any of this can complain about unused seats.

Lastly, the chicken and egg arguement. New facilities and stadiums don't exist without major donors. Also, the facilities wouldn't exist or have anybody in them without fans filling those seats. The university needs both sides of the equation to make it work. Without fans in the seats, the other cannot exist.
Did you bother to ask ATO how.long the list is?

Because I am betting it's not long enough to make a major addition feasible and based on the fact that the waiting list disappeared the last time we didn't make the CWS - probably a bad investment.

Literally other than maybe 8 games a year if we host Supers, you can sit anywhere in the stadium and that didn't require TCU to spend $10 mil in the process

flyfishingfrog

But the guys on here who keep saying that season tix holders that don't show up for most of the games need to get their tix revoked can kiss my ass and need to get a grip.

The people that have those seats are the only reason those seats exist...you would be sitting on orange and red seats in a bad high school gym like we used for basketball and bleachers for baseball if those people did not answer the call when asked. I am sure some of them would sell you a season tix for what they have given - but it's a lot more than the price of a season ticket.

If you want to fix it - I suggest you call CDC with your idea and VOLUNTEER your time to run the exchange program or whatever the idea - not complain and say someone else needs to fix it.

Otherwise STFU - you weren't around when they needed the money and so now you can wait your turn. Most of us waited freaking decades to have something worth watching, paid for the privelege of watching that crap, and didn't [ hundin] half as much as you Johnny come lately guys do.

Moose Stuff

flyfishingfrog said:
But the guys on here who keep saying that season tix holders that don't show up for most of the games need to get their tix revoked can kiss my [Art Briles] and need to get a grip.

The people that have those seats are the only reason those seats exist...you would be sitting on orange and red seats in a bad high school gym like we used for basketball and bleachers for baseball if those people did not answer the call when asked. I am sure some of them would sell you a season tix for what they have given - but it's a lot more than the price of a season ticket.

If you want to fix it - I suggest you call CDC with your idea and VOLUNTEER your time to run the exchange program or whatever the idea - not complain and say someone else needs to fix it.

Otherwise (Please be quiet young man) - you weren't around when they needed the money and so now you can wait your turn. Most of us waited freaking decades to have something worth watching, paid for the privelege of watching that crap, and didn't witch half as much as you Johnny come lately guys do.
Ahhhh the good old "I invested more time and money than you did so shut the hell up" argument. A KFC staple.

Bill Bozeat

Mỹ company has 12 tickets on 3rd base side few row from top Our policy requires customer úe only. So go unused will publish seats in spring for anyone to use

Westsider

Moose Stuff said:
Ahhhh the good old "I invested more time and money than you did so shut the hell up" argument. A KFC staple.

Ha.  While there's some validity to Fly's comments, I've observed that generational arguments go nowhere around here. 

TCUdirtbag

flyfishingfrog said:
But the guys on here who keep saying that season tix holders that don't show up for most of the games need to get their tix revoked can kiss my [Art Briles] and need to get a grip.
No one said this so quit being a dick, entitled [ Arschloch].

You're not actually reading are you? Just flaming and being an ass?

People on the waiting list that got thrown away did everything that was asked of them. And got forgotten. Why should we have to volunteer our time when we were begging to volunteer our money and we're ignored? How do we know we won't be treated equally as disposable as before?

Otherwise (Please be quiet young man) - you weren't around when they needed the money and so now you can wait your turn.
Oh my god why are you such a [ profanity ]. The point was people were waiting their turn and then got told "eh, get in the back because these Johnny come latelys want tickets and they didn't care about baseball before but now they're good and even though you've been waiting it's just too bad.

Most of us waited freaking decades to have something worth watching, paid for the privelege of watching that crap, and didn't witch half as much as you Johnny come lately guys do.
You've bitched more in this one post than anyone I know. And that's without reading a damned thing in the thread.

TCUdirtbag

flyfishingfrog said:
Did you bother to ask ATO how.long the list is?
No. But it was thrown out so now there is no list.

Because I am betting it's not long enough to make a major addition feasible and based on the fact that the waiting list disappeared the last time we didn't make the CWS - probably a bad investment.
So this is complete conjecture? And if it's so short, why throw it out?

Literally other than maybe 8 games a year if we host Supers, you can sit anywhere in the stadium
More Han 8. 3 supers + 3-4 regionalas + 3 Texas + 3 ok state + 3 Arizona state + opener as a starting point for this year. And that's off the top of my head.

and that didn't require TCU to spend $10 mil in the process
Let's not pretend adding a couple more sections of seats down the first base line and throwing some bleachers in the top level or two of the berm would cost $10 M. And let's not pretend TCU doesn't make at least a healthy chunk back in ticket sales, concessions, and merchandise. And let's not pretned more ticketholdees does anything other than continue building the fan base and raise attendance.

flyfishingfrog

So what is your counter argument?

I promise to show up for weekend games more the person that has Row 110 Seat 11 and 12 so I should get those seats even though they have had them for since before Lupton was built and gave a donation to build the new stadium as part of keeping them? 

Like I said, where were all you guys 3 years ago when the list was empty because we didn't make the show?  there were season tickets available then and it didn't require much in the way of a donation if any?

Or better yet - the year before we made the CWS the first time when there were almost 1000 season tickets available for nothing more than the season ticket price?

But now we are a great program and suddenly you are more deserving of a seat because you say you will show up for Fri night games even against Princeton?

TCUdirtbag

flyfishingfrog said:
So what is your counter argument?

I promise to show up for weekend games more the person that has Row 110 Seat 11 and 12 so I should get those seats even though they have had them for since before Lupton was built and gave a donation to build the new stadium as part of keeping them? 

Like I said, where were all you guys 3 years ago when the list was empty because we didn't make the show?  there were season tickets available then and it didn't require much in the way of a donation if any?

Or better yet - the year before we made the CWS the first time when there were almost 1000 season tickets available for nothing more than the season ticket price?

But now we are a great program and suddenly you are more deserving of a seat because you say you will show up for Fri night games even against Princeton?
Who are you directing this to? You are making counter arguments to arguments that no one is making. Three years ago I was on the waiting list. Which has been thrown out. I never said anyone should be kicked out of their seats. I just complained that they threw the waiting list out when they added the GA option. You're rambling about weird [ Finebaum ].