• The KillerFrogs

Listenbee Lawsuit Update 3/19/2018

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
There are all manner of ways to do this without making lawyers rich.
In your utopia fantasy--one could make the same ranges for many things--for example, the amount of $ sepnt

Nothing happened except the Judge, a TCU grad, asked for briefs on the proceedings to transfer the case to Tarrant County. If I was a betting man, she will rule against TCU/Big 12's motion to transfer venue and keep the case herself in Dallas County. She, for lack of better words, is one of the worst Judges in Dallas County and this is not good news.

Money spent on what? You can apply that silly logic to anything if you conveniently ignore common sense. You could do away with police, abolish posse comitatus and use the military. But there is no need for that. Look how other countries handle tort law. We one of the few if not the only one to pad lawyer’s income by allowing a percentage of the award. The only utopia is for lawyers that want to run up settlements and judgements, meanwhile looking down their noses at insurance companies that won’t pay what you want. Insurance companies are only a few scaled higher on the snakes belly than lawyers. So I am all for not having them around to fund your living. Punish the the true offender and see what you can collect.

YA

There are all manner of ways to do this without making lawyers rich.

Money spent on what? You can apply that silly logic to anything if you conveniently ignore common sense. You could do away with police, abolish posse comitatus and use the military. But there is no need for that. Look how other countries handle tort law. We one of the few if not the only one to pad lawyer’s income by allowing a percentage of the award. The only utopia is for lawyers that want to run up settlements and judgements, meanwhile looking down their noses at insurance companies that won’t pay what you want. Insurance companies are only a few scaled higher on the snakes belly than lawyers. So I am all for not having them around to fund your living. Punish the the true offender and see what you can collect.
Funny thing is I started to type one thought and thought better of it. Dang user error on my part for not erasing it.

Froglaw

I'll check on Monday.

But it really doesn't matter because the question of which Court has dominant jurisdiction must be answered by the Ft. Worth and Dallas Courts of Appeal.

That will take time.

Note: MGM Mass shooting case is a good example of dominant jurisdiction. MGM sued the victims in order to establish dominant jurisdiction in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Trucking companies love to sue victims and their families in the nearest small town/county for "property damage" to their big rigs to prevent being sued in major cities where juries and judges might be more sympathetic.

Texas has traditionally sided with the Court where the action was first filed.

Listenbee and White clearly have great difficulty in dealing with rejection. Lacking the talent to succeed at the next

level......they prefer to deny and take refuge in blaming others for their own shortcomings. Reality is a biatch!

Froglaw

It appears that Judge Benson, CCL1-Dallas, denied the TCU parties' Motions to Transfer Venue and Plea in Abatement.

Potts Law Firm has designated a local member of their firm (Dallas) as Lead Counsel.

KL sent a document subpoena to the NCAA for all complaints regarding CGP.

TCU filed a Motion to Quash the Subpoena.

Stay tuned.

cheese83

It appears that Judge Benson, CCL1-Dallas, denied the TCU parties' Motions to Transfer Venue and Plea in Abatement.

Potts Law Firm has designated a local member of their firm (Dallas) as Lead Counsel.

KL sent a document subpoena to the NCAA for all complaints regarding CGP.

TCU filed a Motion to Quash the Subpoena.

Stay tuned.

What are the odds KL runs out of cash to fund this or do you think Potts Law Firm will float him the whole time?
Chances TCU attorneys just try to grind it out and hope for that exact scenario?

What are the odds KL runs out of cash to fund this or do you think Potts Law Firm will float him the whole time?
Chances TCU attorneys just try to grind it out and hope for that exact scenario?

He is on contingency. Potts is looking for a settlement. Vic and the Board don’t want to settle this one. It will be interesting to see how far into discovery/dispositive motions Potts will go. Costs will not be cheap.

GeoFrog

I think they also see the potential for more cases, if they win or even settle for a reasonable amount, from players from teams from all over the country.

MTfrog5

I think they also see the potential for more cases, if they win or even settle for a reasonable amount, from players from teams from all over the country.
I think if KL somehow does win this or gets a settlement, players will get what they want and become “employees”. They will be subject to termination if they don’t go to class, performance based, and other HR issues that other employees face. Only way to cover coaches in my opinion.

cheese83

I think if KL somehow does win this or gets a settlement, players will get what they want and become “employees”. They will be subject to termination if they don’t go to class, performance based, and other HR issues that other employees face. Only way to cover coaches in my opinion.

I mean if he wins this is a slippery slope, how do you know when someone is or isn’t hurt? When can you cut them after recovering from an injury? I think this could have an impact in all professional sports.

Can’t they just get future athletes to sign and accept all the risk releasing TCU from any liability in return for a full athletic scholarship?

MTfrog5

I mean if he wins this is a slippery slope, how do you know when someone is or isn’t hurt? When can you cut them after recovering from an injury? I think this could have an impact in all professional sports.

Can’t they just get future athletes to sign and accept all the risk releasing TCU from any liability in return for a full athletic scholarship?
If a player doesn’t go to every rehab session during the week, then they could use that against them. I agree it’s a very slippery slope but I think it’s more slippery for the players because they won’t be able to miss anything as an University employee.

Surfrog

Buddy this already happens. Athletes sign employee forms, get reimbursed on employee paychecks and subject to scholarship termination if they don't go to class or play well.