• The KillerFrogs

Lindy's Sports: Preseason Top 25

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Lindy's Sports: Preseason Top 25

By Lindyssports.com staff

Here are teams No. 15 through No. 11:

15. TCU
Can the D-train keep rolling at TCU? Gary Patterson is 98-28 in Fort Worth, so there will be no eulogy for a TCU team that has to replace quarterback Andy Dalton.
The Horned Frogs, the nation's leader in total defense three years running, have a scheme that hasn't been cracked in the Mountain West and they are good enough to reach the key stretch in their schedule unscathed — Oct. 28 against newly independent BYU at Cowboys Stadium, Nov. 12 at Boise State.

THE GOOD NEWS: QB Casey Pachall inspired excessive confidence in the spring as a mobile and accurate passer. RB Ed Wesley averaged 6.5 yards per carry in 2010 and becomes TCU's featured attraction. LB Tank Carder wowed Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl and has an NFL future.

THE BAD NEWS: TCU was gutted up the middle, losing Dalton, three offensive line starters and three defensive line starters. With Boise State and TCU being two football ships passing in the Mountain West night, the Frogs must take this title on the blue turf, where nobody ever wins.

OUR CALL: With a modest 10 starters back, the follow-up to a 12-0 regular season and momentous Rose Bowl victory suggests a slide. ...

SnoSki

If by slide they mean 9-3 at worst and more likely 10-2, 11-1... then I don't disagree. I Think if we go 10-2/11-1 though we'll be in the top ten at years end.

Stiff Arm Frog

A very fair and succinct report -- very refreshing. It is more likely than not we will take a slide in 2012, as GP would be quick to tell all. The only way we could improve on 2011 would be winning a national championship -- also possible!

Strive for the best, prepare for the worst. Let's not become UT fans amid our success.

Edit: And as far as A&M being ranked ahead of us by the end of the season. . . :laugh:

joefrog91

If by slide they mean 9-3 at worst and more likely 10-2, 11-1... then I don't disagree. I Think if we go 10-2/11-1 though we'll be in the top ten at years end.

I'm sorry, but there's no way we go 10-2 or 11-1 and end up in the top ten. Not with this schedule. If TCU is undefeated going into the Boise St game and lose, then TCU slides out of the top ten. If TCU loses before the Boise St game and then loses the Boise St game, TCU may even drop out of the top 25.

Endless Purple

I'm sorry, but there's no way we go 10-2 or 11-1 and end up in the top ten. Not with this schedule. If TCU is undefeated going into the Boise St game and lose, then TCU slides out of the top ten. If TCU loses before the Boise St game and then loses the Boise St game, TCU may even drop out of the top 25.
This only happens if we struggle to win games against the bottom of our schedule and get blown out by the top teams.

Ohiofrog

We just need to play some football. We will be a quality team. With bad luck and poor play that could mean 3-4 losses. With good luck and great play, nothing is out of reach. I just want to beat the snot out of Boise and win the MWC. The rest will take care of itself.

TEUFELI

Go look at the final top 25 the past decade. Let me know how many 10-2 teams finished outside the top 25...regardless of conference or schedule.

SnoSki

Go look at the final top 25 the past decade. Let me know how many 10-2 teams finished outside the top 25...regardless of conference or schedule.
I was about to say, the only one close in recent years that I can think of was Ball State but I think they finished 24/25.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Do it now.

G-Pat is not a coach to puff us up preseason; just the opposite.

So...when he made this our 2011 motto, I started to doubt my 10-2 expectations.

Could our head coach, hisownself, know something about how well this year's bunch is going to gome together?

Could be.

Hey, fellow MWC members, get your FEAR THE FROG FAREWELL TOUR T-shirts right here...coming to a blue field near you!