• The KillerFrogs

LA Travel Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LVH

How many of you aren't going that would have gone if it were in a better location than LA?

I'd have probably gone if it were in New Orleans, Indy, Atlanta, Houston, Tampa or a reasonable locale

LA is just too far and expensive. Only city that could have been worse was when they had it in Santa Clara a few years ago

LVH

Also a statue of Glen Frey.
600px-Standing_on_the_Corner.JPG
They had just added a statue of Jackson Browne last time I was there a couple years ago. Stopped by when I was moving from Las Vegas back to Fort Worth

Just tried to get on standby for a direct out of LAX but no dice. My flight leaves tomorrow morning at 6...was just trying to avoid having to get up at 4 AM on GameDay. The next flight to LAX had a layover in Denver and the Denver to LAX connection would have been standby. Figured I'd take the bird in the hand and go back home. Saw Clint meandering around trying to get on standby as well. Hope he didn't miss his original and is hanging on by a wing and a prayer.

06DallasFrog

Just tried to get on standby for a direct out of LAX but no dice. My flight leaves tomorrow morning at 6...was just trying to avoid having to get up at 4 AM on GameDay. The next flight to LAX had a layover in Denver and the Denver to LAX connection would have been standby. Figured I'd take the bird in the hand and go back home. Saw Clint meandering around trying to get on standby as well. Hope he didn't miss his original and is hanging on by a wing and a prayer.
I believe you were at the gate while I was waiting to be called. I’m on the 10:25 direct tonight. Was hoping to get on the earlier one. Gate agent before you got there made the comment “y’all roll deep.”

bmoney214

OUCH!!!

PineyWoodsFrog

It was packed!! They delayed the start a few minutes because the Fire Marshall wouldn't let things start until enough people had cleared the walkway, it was too crowded. I guess he finally said scheiss it and gave up.

After being outnumbered at my hotel by what seems to be 200 Georgia fans to be about 10 TCU fans, it was nice to be around some purple today!

Status
Not open for further replies.