• The KillerFrogs

LA Travel and Tickets Thread

FloridaFrog76129

Tickets are supposed to hit our apps on Wednesday. At that point people will start selling their extras and a lot more tickets will flood the market and prices should go down.
you can sell tickets before they're in the app - I doubt prices will drop as "first time" playoff or national title contenders tend to hit very high prices

(ex. Bama and Clemson have been enough)

mstrB

you can sell tickets before they're in the app - I doubt prices will drop as "first time" playoff or national title contenders tend to hit very high prices

(ex. Bama and Clemson have been enough)
This was true for the Fiesta Bowl too, but it clearly had an impact once the actual tickets were distributed. Tickets only went down for the Fiesta and then bottomed out a few days before the game. This game has more tickets provided to the schools so more tickets acting in this manner.

FloridaFrog76129

This was true for the Fiesta Bowl too, but it clearly had an impact once the actual tickets were distributed. Tickets only went down for the Fiesta and then bottomed out a few days before the game. This game has more tickets provided to the schools so more tickets acting in this manner.
You’re assuming that most long-time donors who got tickets to the national title game are all going to flip thousands of tickets and have no intention of going?

UGA has been once or twice in ~40 years if I heard correctly with a huge Atlanta sports drought.

A large school like UGA where most donors have to give >$5,000 annually to get high enough on the list for bowl tickets and a first time school like TCU that travels relatively well (with extended family)

This strategy is fine if you’re going solo but dangerous with a larger group

Horned Toad

My buddy called me after the game while I was still in Scottsdale. I already had the NC tickets secured through TCU. He booked our airfare and hotel so we are ready to go.

Those who are sitting on the fence. Yep it’s a big risk dollar wise no doubt, but the last time we had this opportunity was 1938. There is only one first time for the CFP, win or lose. For those that missed the Rose Bowl, they are forever kicking themselves. If we win the NC, it will be the first chance in every one of our lifetimes. The chance of being there for the win far outweighs the risk. Don’t sit on the fence. GO FROGS!

James Penny

Sorry if already posted... but can someone help me understand how TCU allocated tickets will be distributed? The initial email confirming championship tickets said that a "CFBPlayoff" app will need to be downloaded to get your tickets. The only app I can find sounds like a terrible app/experience.

Is this accurate? Are TCU tickets going directly to a CFP specific app this time?

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Those who are sitting on the fence. Yep it’s a big risk dollar wise no doubt, but the last time we had this opportunity was 1938. There is only one first time for the CFP, win or lose. For those that missed the Rose Bowl, they are forever kicking themselves. If we win the NC, it will be the first chance in every one of our lifetimes. The chance of being there for the win far outweighs the risk. Don’t sit on the fence. GO FROGS!
This!!^^^
I had to pick either the Fiesta Bowl or National Championship, couldn't do both. There was no way I was going to miss us playing for the national title.

Last edited:

FloridaFrog76129

Sorry if already posted... but can someone help me understand how TCU allocated tickets will be distributed? The initial email confirming championship tickets said that a "CFBPlayoff" app will need to be downloaded to get your tickets. The only app I can find sounds like a terrible app/experience.

Is this accurate? Are TCU tickets going directly to a CFP specific app this time?
Yes accurate and on that CFP app - it’s the black app with gold football

Power of Purple

Ticket Exchange Pass
This^^!!
I had to pick either the Fiesta Bowl or National Championship, couldn't do both. There was no way I was going to miss us playing for the national title.
I tried for both and didn't get Fiesta but got National Championship. I am like in the bottom 200-300 of all priority points accounts. Allocation was bigger (13k vs 20K) but a ton of TCU people missed out. Either didn't understand you had to submit for both or didn't think we'd win. Anyway.

Power of Purple

Ticket Exchange Pass
Also, does anyone know the LA area? Never been no idea. Have an Airbnb in Hawthorne because it is close to stadium and LAX but now found a similar one a little further in Redondo Beach. What is the traffic like in LA? Have heard horror stories like it takes hours to drive a few miles.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I tried for both and didn't get Fiesta but got National Championship. I am like in the bottom 200-300 of all priority points accounts. Allocation was bigger (13k vs 20K) but a ton of TCU people missed out. Either didn't understand you had to submit for both or didn't think we'd win. Anyway.
It was just financial for me. Couldn't afford to make both trips so I had to make a choice. I would have been so bummed out if I went to the Fiesta Bowl and then not been able to go to the NCG.

DeuceBoogieNights

My buddy called me after the game while I was still in Scottsdale. I already had the NC tickets secured through TCU. He booked our airfare and hotel so we are ready to go.

Yeah. I know everyone doesn't have the means but if you can, get to LA. This is a Yolo situation if there has ever been one.

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
In all the excitement of the win I promised the daughters a trip to Disneyland. So we fly in Saturday night. Disneyland Sunday. Game Monday.

Big Cats GIF by NETFLIX

CJK5H

We booked everything on Saturday night. A few ideas to pass on to everyone that helped us out...
Check out Tickpick. It's a great app alternative to Seat Geek and Ticketmaster. Fees are built into the price and tickets are looking lower over there. It's reputable and a good place to keep an eye out.

Flights were dry already on Saturday evening or if DFW and Love. We ended up booking out of Houston and got a direct to LAX no problem out on Sunday and back on Tuesday.

froginmn

View attachment 13339

Nothing like prepping to make a big, fun purchase you weren’t sure you’d ever have the opportunity to make. GO FROGS!
Good strategy to look at multiple broker sites as availability and pricing differ.

I paid a bunch more than I wanted to for Fiesta but have zero regrets.

Can't make LA because we'll be on a different vacation planned way in advance. But we'll be cheering like heck!!!

Born Purple

We are flying to Las Vegas on the 8th renting an SUV and driving. Much cheaper than flying to Los Angeles. Hotels are cheaper in Vegas as well $318 for 3 days at Sahara.