• The KillerFrogs

KU vs TCU basketball

CountryFrog

TCU lost by five to the #3 team in the country whom was determined not to lose to a confeemce foe twice. Kansas is athletic and brought a very active defense.

Not the time to beat up our team. We are lucky they all came back this year. Enjoy this team now that they are healthy and just hope they stay healthy. They are mature, strong and play good team defense. They are capable of a deep tourney run. It may be some time until TCU has a team this good again.
I actually think the reaction has been pretty reasonable. I don't see anyone really beating up the team. We lost a close game to a great team but we also made a [ Finebaum ] ton of mistakes and missed lots of shots along the way. It happens sometimes.

I think we all know this team can beat anybody in the tournament if they're healthy but this was a chance for a huge win for the program so it's frustrating when you come up short.

froggolf65

We have one of the worst coaches in America at the end of games. There's a reason why Pitt never made it out of the first weekend of NCAAs. So badly coached with the game on the line. No go to play or set the last 3 or 4 possessions or any idea of what we are really looking for.

Brevity Frog

TCU lost by five to the #3 team in the country whom was determined not to lose to a conference foe twice. Kansas is athletic and brought a very active defense.

Not the time to beat up our team. We are lucky they all came back this year. Enjoy this team now that they are healthy and hope they remain healthy. They are mature, strong and play good team defense. They are capable of a deep tourney run. It may be some time until TCU again has a team this good.
Agree. But we still gave the game to them. Gotta hit those layups. It was agonizing. We matched them step for step. But you’ve got to hit the box and drop the ball in the hole. It’s that simple.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Agree. But we still gave the game to them. Gotta hit those layups. It was agonizing. We matched them step for step. But you’ve got to hit the box and drop the ball in the hole. It’s that simple.
True Tv Land GIF by YoungerTV

Eight

I actually think the reaction has been pretty reasonable. I don't see anyone really beating up the team. We lost a close game to a great team but we also made a [ Finebaum ] ton of mistakes and missed lots of shots along the way. It happens sometimes.

I think we all know this team can beat anybody in the tournament if they're healthy but this was a chance for a huge win for the program so it's frustrating when you come up short.

agreed, it is possible to appreciate the effort and what has happened the last 5-6 weeks and recognize a missed opportunity

An-Cap Frog

If it was that simple we would be undefeated in the best conference...

We had an off shooting night...that happens. All that matters is that we are red hot heading into the post-season. We might need 2 wins to secure a spot though.

MadFrog

I think we have issues. We have to be one of the worst shooting teams in the NCAA. Add free throws to that issue also. We also really don't have a big who is a scoring threat.

WhatTheFrog

This game reminded me of watching the Mavs vs Heat in their first finals matchup. Miles said in the post-game that he's not 100% but he's out there playing and he said that he knows how to draw fouls but they weren't being called.

An-Cap Frog

I think we have issues. We have to be one of the worst shooting teams in the NCAA. Add free throws to that issue also. We also really don't have a big who is a scoring threat.
We are 199 out of 352...not many teams have a big scoring threat...

We are #1 in fast break points...playing defense with a lot of switching and fast break points...we are #30 in steals.

An-Cap Frog

More numbers...Ken Pom has the following:

TCU out of 363 teams...
58th in Adjusted Offensive Efficiency
17th in Adjusted Defensive Efficiency
46th in Adjusted Tempo
304th in Luck

Eight

don't completely agree this team is missing a big who is a scoring threat

lampkin has shown he can score against quality competition having earlier this year scored 16 against providence, 15 at baylor, 17 against kstate, and his 20 and 14 against az was put up on some solid talent

what this program hasn't done, right or wrong, made it a priority since vlad to feed a big in their best position to score

some will talk about the modern game, spacing the floor, the value of 3's over 2's, but all i know is gonzaga under few has consistently given timme touches in the low post and still somehow runs a fairly free flowing offense

the frogs choose not to, heck, eddie has only had 10+ shots in 2 of his last 56 games and averages less than 5 shots a game during that time

CountryFrog

The team obviously has issues. Every team in the country has issues. The key is how high is your ceiling and how close to your ceiling can you get when it matters most. Despite the issues, this team has a ceiling that's higher than just about any other team in college basketball. Just need to hope we can get back close to 100% health over the next 3 weeks and win 2 or 3 more games along the way while we're at it. Then we've got a good of a chance as anyone to make a final 4 run.

An-Cap Frog

lampkin has shown he can score against quality competition having earlier this year scored 16 against providence, 15 at baylor, 17 against kstate, and his 20 and 14 against az was put up on some solid talent

what this program hasn't done, right or wrong, made it a priority since vlad to feed a big in their best position to score

some will talk about the modern game, spacing the floor, the value of 3's over 2's, but all i know is gonzaga under few has consistently given timme touches in the low post and still somehow runs a fairly free flowing offense

the frogs choose not to, heck, eddie has only had 10+ shots in 2 of his last 56 games and averages less than 5 shots a game during that time
And how many nattys do the Zags have?

cheese83

I'm pretty sure his injury has had an impact on his explosiveness, there have been multiple opportunities where I thought he was going to dunk it and it looks like his ankle is preventing that.