• The KillerFrogs

KU Football game scheduled in Arrowhead Stadium in KC

Thanks! KC might be a good away trip this year. But, I suppose not too much different than usual against KU, since Lawrence is not that far away from KC. The new airport terminal in KC is nice.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Any back story on why in Arrowhead this year?
GBL9hHwW8AA_XNy

FroginBedford68

It will be interesting to see if the different venue will carry Kansas's traditional fight to the last 2 seconds against TCU....Only 3 of TCU's 10 wins have been greater mov than 10....2017, 43-0; 2019, 51-14; 2021, 59-23....Then there's that ugly loss to Kansas in 2018 there, 27-26....

tetonfrog

Wish they would replace the turf, too. It seems like we always have a serious injury or two every time we play on their crappy field.

SwissArmyFrog

Are all those lightning rods there to provide the stadium with electricity? :p

In 2013 I took my daughter to make visits to KU and MU (Missouri Tigers). First stop was KU, and while daughter was in a meeting, I walked over to the stadium and was shocked at how small it was. Next stop was MU, and was very surprised at how small that was, as well.

Wish they would replace the turf, too. It seems like we always have a serious injury or two every time we play on their crappy field.
Minimal viable product, a la. U. of Houston. Esthetics are on the exoskeleton.

Still cool looking, especially after first seeing it after the Boom Boom Room in 2012. (Age shown.)

KU also playing their first two "home" games at Children's Mercy Park, a soccer facility for Sporting KC. Capacity about 19,000. Games against Lindenwood (first time playing an FBS school) and UNLV. Four conference games at Arrowhead.