• The KillerFrogs

Kevin Sumlin out at A&M, preparations for dismissal

tcumaniac

Funny, just got a text message from my former college roommate whose family owns a jewelry store in the TCU area. One of their customers who is high up in the TCU hierarchy said Patterson would seriously consider an A&M offer and has already been contacted by A&M. Anything is possible and it would surprise me if he left but I'll retract my previous comments because I never thought he would leave.

Don't shoot the messenger, but I recently heard the exact same comment a few weeks ago from someone that is extremely well connected. They said an A&M offer made them more nervous than any school in the country.

I laughed in the person's face, and said there was absolutely no way in hell. I was met with a very stern "I'm not kidding" response.

Still not convinced of there being any truth to this, but if TCU was to get darned out of the CFP again this year, I might find myself more nervous than I ever would have expected to find myself.

Virginia Frog

No doubt. Va Tech is basically the same as Aggy. Except VT has had some successs.
WRONG!

The only things in common:
1) A gayish Cadet Corps -at one time it was called VA A&M College- But the real military-types in Virginia matriculate to VMI.
2) Respective state's #2 (in terms of admissions, prestige, and funding) VT is much bigger than UVA in enrollment.

VT people do not have the "I'm superior to all" attitude of the A&M crowd.

It would be a huge mistake for JF to go to the land of Aggie.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
WRONG!

The only things in common:
1) A gayish Cadet Corps -at one time it was called VA A&M College- But the real military-types in Virginia matriculate to VMI.
2) Respective state's #2 (in terms of admissions, prestige, and funding) VT is much bigger than UVA in enrollment.

VT people do not have the "I'm superior to all" attitude of the A&M crowd.

It would be a huge mistake for JF to go to the land of Aggie.
You know I only said that to set up the punchline right?

With that said, having a corp is not common. I may have been more right than anticipated.

I would seriously consider (and have recently) rather lucrative offers from other companies but in the end, the people around me are a big part of what makes me who I am. Bigger companies are calling. They say we're small and can't compete. I can go to one of these places but there's no loyalty and much of their business relies on past success. GP would experience the same thing in College Station. You're only as good as the people around you...Aggies need to take a look in the mirror before they open up the war chest to anyone.

FWIW, if he were to leave it won't be for more money. We can match anything A$M throws at him.

Chongo94

Tech isn’t going to take a chance on another former tech qb.

Yeah. Some throw their names out but most want to stay away from the Leach tree. Morris, they should've hired instead of DudeBroShades, they like him but feel he'd leave in a red hot minute for the Aggies.

SuperTFrog

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2902342

Jpi9CvA.gif
This was the funniest post/gif I have seen in years on here. Well done!

NYC Horned Frog

Don't shoot the messenger, but I recently heard the exact same comment a few weeks ago from someone that is extremely well connected. They said an A&M offer made them more nervous than any school in the country.

I laughed in the person's face, and said there was absolutely no way in hell. I was met with a very stern "I'm not kidding" response.

Still not convinced of there being any truth to this, but if TCU was to get darned out of the CFP again this year, I might find myself more nervous than I ever would have expected to find myself.

Stick with your gut on this one, and have no worries.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Aggy has been preparing for Sumlin's dismissal since they hired him. Turning that bunch of farmersonly.com rejects into a top 5 team is close to impossible. Sure, they can money whip someone, but guess what? Their ceiling is 9-3 or 10-2 in the SEC West and that's still scheduling three to four easy home pushovers every season. Yet somehow their extremely delusional fanbase seems to think they are a top 10 program? Can anyone name 2 non-Aggys that think aTm is a top 10 program?

Now we can prepare for the annual Aggy event which occurs between Thanksgiving and Christmas - the annual QB transfer sweepstakes. The magical question will be - Will only one or possibly two QBs be transferring this year?

Jet Set Frog

Saw this on the Aggy thread about GP:

"He has taken care of the situations he's had and for that you have too applaud him. He's been opportunistic but he really is not an elite coach. Plus, thank goodness, he won't leave Fort Worth."

2e547621-7f07-47bc-8e6c-0c9add25b894_text_hi.gif

Latest posts