• The KillerFrogs

Jerry Palm thinks we get in CFP if...

LSU Game Attendee

They'll use it to springboard the new feature film "The Bram Kohlhausen Story" they bought the rights to...
giphy.gif

tcumaniac

I think we root for Auburn, Ohio State, and TCU (obviously). That way there would be three 2-loss conference champions in contention for a playoff spot and it would make leaving out Bama appear less weird. And it would be REALLY, REALLY difficult to include 2-loss Auburn and 2-loss Ohio State, but not TCU.

But if Georgia and Wisconsin win you'd have 1-loss Clemson or Miami, 1-Loss Georgia, and 0-loss Wisconsin. Justifying a 2-loss TCU over a 1-loss Bama would be much more difficult.

Barring a situation where we come out against Oklahoma and just blow them off the field and look like a dominant team, I don't think there is much chance at all that we move up to #4. I think that ship sailed over the last couple weeks.

It's been a really good year that exceeded expectation, but we just aren't a playoff caliber team. I think almost anyone who watches the games can see that.
“Eye Test!”

Boomhauer

This is the most favorable analysis to TCU that I have read:

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/starting-11-gus-bus-crashes-playoff-edition/

"But what happens if TCU wins the Big 12 title game?

If TCU wins then I think 11-1 Alabama is 100% in the playoff over 11-2 TCU and 11-2 Oklahoma.

But the real challenge would come in deciding who gets in the playoff if Ohio State beats Wisconsin and TCU beats Oklahoma. Because then there’s one spot left after the SEC champ, the ACC champ, and 11-1 Alabama.

Does the committee take 11-2 TCU, 11-2 Oklahoma or 11-2 Ohio State?

My best guess here is that TCU is the compromise pick because it avoids the committee having to take Ohio State over an 11-2 team Oklahoma team that it lost to by 15 in a head to head game."

In that scenario, Bama is in, and we are in over... OSU. That'd be sweet!

I like this scenario. I think OU could be our buffer between us and tOSU. I don't think the CFP committee would rank tOSU over OU and don't think they'd take a 2 loss team that didn't win their conference so I could see them taking TCU to avoid that H2H

Wexahu

“Eye Test!”

That's exactly right. At some level you just have to watch the games and decide who is the better team and if Team A played Team B, would Team A win the majority of the time or not?

If we come out and have a dominant performance Saturday, that will go a long way. But winning ugly by one point....that's not going to be enough this time, we need to look impressive.

That's exactly right. At some level you just have to watch the games and decide who is the better team and if Team A played Team B, would Team A win the majority of the time or not?

If we come out and have a dominant performance Saturday, that will go a long way. But winning ugly by one point....that's not going to be enough this time, we need to look impressive.
So where does eye test fall on you and Todd D’s little chart of CFP committee criteria?

Wexahu

So where does eye test fall on you and Todd D’s little chart of CFP committee criteria?

It's in there somewhere, just like everything else is. If I'm trying to determine who the best, most deserving teams are, I'm at least going to watch the games. If there is no eye test, why bother even watching? And yet I'm sure if the committee members said they didn't even watch any games and just looked at scores, you'd have a HUGE problem with that too.

Uncle_Frog

What happens if Auburn, Ohio State, Miami and TCU all win their CCGs?

Locked in:
1. Auburn
2. Miami

Next Two spots:
1. Bama (11-1)
2. Ohio State (11-2, Big 10 Champ)
3. TCU (11-2, Big XII Champ)
4. Oklahoma (11-2, Head-to-Head over Ohio State)
5. Georgia (11-2)
6. Clemson (11-2)

IMO, Bama is in and then that is one big clusterscrew because OU has Head-to-Head over Ohio State on their field. Shoot if just TCU and Ohio State win it will be a mess on Selection Sunday with a lot of unhappy people.

Wexahu

What happens if Auburn, Ohio State, Miami and TCU all win their CCGs?

Locked in:
1. Auburn
2. Miami

Next Two spots:
1. Bama (11-1)
2. Ohio State (11-2, Big 10 Champ)
3. TCU (11-2, Big XII Champ)
4. Oklahoma (11-2, Head-to-Head over Ohio State)
5. Georgia (11-2)
6. Clemson (11-2)

IMO, Bama is in and then that is one big clusterscrew because OU has Head-to-Head over Ohio State on their field.

This is the dream scenario. That would be a total clusterscrew for sure.

Yes. The reason is go [ darn ] yourself.
That's what makes me nervous. That's the same answer yall gave me before last game when we embarrassed the whole state of Texas. I think we might be able to control the run a lil better this time to keep it close till the 4th quarter. But idk, im scared.

Zubaz

That's what makes me nervous. That's the same answer yall gave me before last game when we embarrassed the whole state of Texas. I think we might be able to control the run a lil better this time to keep it close till the 4th quarter. But idk, im scared.
I'll pretend, for a second, that you're not a troll.

Do you ever watch ANY football? Iowa spanked the pants off of Ohio State this year, but who do you think would be favored in a rematch? We lost to Iowa State without scoring an offensive touchdown, would you feel the same way if we played them again?

It's college football, ANYTHING can happen. Yeah they put one on us a few weeks ago. Oh well, it happens. OU is very good, and they have the best offensive player in the country this year. They are worthy of their ranking, and we're the underdog for a good reason, but they're not the New England Patriots. They played close games with three teams that we rolled (OSU, Baylor, and Texas). They lost to the same team that we lost to. They are beatable, and you can't tell me that they are head-and-shoulders untouchable against the team with the second best record in the conference to the point where it's unfathomable to even suggest an upset.

I'll pretend, for a second, that you're not a troll.

Do you ever watch ANY football? Iowa spanked the pants off of Ohio State this year, but who do you think would be favored in a rematch? We lost to Iowa State without scoring an offensive touchdown, would you feel the same way if we played them again?

It's college football, ANYTHING can happen. Yeah they put one on us a few weeks ago. Oh well, it happens. OU is very good, and they have the best offensive player in the country this year. They are worthy of their ranking, and we're the underdog for a good reason, but they're not the New England Patriots. They played close games with three teams that we rolled (OSU, Baylor, and Texas). They lost to the same team that we lost to. They are beatable, and you can't tell me that they are head-and-shoulders untouchable against the team with the second best record in the conference to the point where it's unfathomable to even suggest an upset.
But we're not favored in this rematch. As a matter of fact no one is picking us to win besides us. Are we just hoping or is there any real evidence, because 90% of the sports world are predicting us to take an L. Im saddened by this. Im nervous. Please talk me through it my friend.

Zubaz

But we're not favored in this rematch. As a matter of fact no one is picking us to win besides us.
I know. Hence why I said " They are worthy of their ranking, and we're the underdog for a good reason".

My point isn't that we're not the underdog, but that we're not an FCS team playing an NFL team either where the talent discrepancy makes it a near impossibility. There's more parity in ANY college football game between ranked teams than that, let along two conference foes that are sitting at the top of the standings. They're a good team, so are we.

I know. Hence why I said " They are worthy of their ranking, and we're the underdog for a good reason".

My point isn't that we're not the underdog, but that we're not an FCS team playing an NFL team either where the talent discrepancy makes it a near impossibility. There's more parity in ANY college football game between ranked teams than that, let along two conference foes that are sitting at the top of the standings. They're a good team, so are we.
Aww that makes sense. I feel better

Bob Sugar

But we're not favored in this rematch. As a matter of fact no one is picking us to win besides us. Are we just hoping or is there any real evidence, because 90% of the sports world are predicting us to take an L. Im saddened by this. Im nervous. Please talk me through it my friend.

frognutz

A bunch of negative Nancys on here.

If we beat the hottest team in the country on Saturday, we deserve a shot at the CFP and can play with anybody (particularly when giving GMFP a month to prepare). Whether we get that shot remains to be seen, but quit with the “we’re not good enough” whining.

You think we are a better team than Alabama?