• The KillerFrogs

It's that time of year again where 4 people on this board care about...

The Stanley Cup Playoffs.

I can't remember a more exciting first few days of the playoffs. Six of the eight series are tied at one and the other two have yet to play game two. No-name Nashville stole one from Chicago. The Craps/Habs series has had two overtime games. The game that just finished was great. I always hope for the failure of Obitchkin but it would be extra sweet to see the Pens knock them out later in the playoffs (although Wash owned them in the regular season). My Pens played like crap in game one and still nearly tied it up in the last minute. They came back and played a great game last night to even the series. Sid was absolutely amazing in the 3rd period with a remarkable save on a loose puck just inches from the red line and later with an incredible assist on a Letang one-timer.

This has been a great first four days and just think, we have two more months of this.

OmniscienceFrog

QUOTE(PhormerPhrog @ Apr 17 2010, 09:20 PM) [snapback]546177[/snapback]
The Stanley Cup Playoffs.

I can't remember a more exciting first few days of the playoffs. Six of the eight series are tied at one and the other two have yet to play game two. No-name Nashville stole one from Chicago. The Craps/Habs series has had two overtime games. The game that just finished was great. I always hope for the failure of Obitchkin but it would be extra sweet to see the Pens knock them out later in the playoffs (although Wash owned them in the regular season). My Pens played like crap in game one and still nearly tied it up in the last minute. They came back and played a great game last night to even the series. Sid was absolutely amazing in the 3rd period with a remarkable save on a loose puck just inches from the red line and later with an incredible assist on a Letang one-timer.

This has been a great first four days and just think, we have two more months of this.

Yes, they have been outstanding. Road teams winning the majority of game one's and the eight seed winning game one vs the one seed in both conferences. The first 10 minutes of the second period of the Red Wings-Coyotes Game 2 was great excitement. Five goals in a four minute stretch alternating between each team, and with the Red Wings as the visitors the crowd was roaring with every one of them.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(PhormerPhrog @ Apr 17 2010, 09:20 PM) [snapback]546177[/snapback]

And at the end of those two months the next thing that 4 people care about (me being one of them) will start. The World Cup. Here's to this years WC thread eclipsing the last.

Trelvis

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Apr 18 2010, 03:08 AM) [snapback]546189[/snapback]
And at the end of those two months the next thing that 4 people care about (me being one of them) will start. The World Cup. Here's to this years WC thread eclipsing the last.

Cant wait for World Cup!

DaCrief

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Apr 18 2010, 03:08 AM) [snapback]546189[/snapback]

make that 5....i will resume my role as the Ghanaian trash talker (hope we can back it up this year as we did 4 years ago). bring on the WC!

QUOTE(FROGLEGHOP @ Apr 17 2010, 10:32 PM) [snapback]546194[/snapback]
Ahem..........That's America's Cup............

I know. I was just stating how insignificant the WC is to me in a sarcastic manner.

BTW, LA just won in OT over Vancouver. The Orkas were caught with too many men which led to the winning PPG. Great game! I love Vs's coverage of the NHL.

My cable doesn't offer the NHL Network so I have to settle for this but it's better than anything ESPN ever would have been able to do.

Seven of eight series are now 1-1.

LVfrog

Love the Stanley Cup playoffs, just wish the Stars could of actually made them.

The WC is going to be spectacular. Bring it on.