• The KillerFrogs

It’s one thing to look bad, it’s another to be just embarrassing…

Chongo94

Not sure I've seen it on all the "burn down" threads, but Landry Burdine said something last night on the post game show that verifies what a lot us have noticed. He said during the ISU game, he knew after the first quarter that the game was over. Against KSU, he knew we were in trouble after the very first drive and he knew the game was over after the KSU's second score. So, this team is out that quickly against two very average teams?

I'm not in panic mode yet, but I'm getting very close. I did not have any expectations of a repeat of last year, but I thought we would be a 7-5 or 8-4 team with plenty of promise for the future. 4-8 is where we are heading with several blowout losses on the way. Promise for the future of this program now looks very much in jeopardy under Dykes' leadership. I'm not sure he can recover from this disaster.

This team is so incredibly bad in all facets of the game, it is really hard to comprehend a collapse of this magnitude. Was last year, really just dumbass luck on the part of Dykes? Yes, we lost some great players, but we brought some good one's back, too. Plus, the heralded guys who came in the portal from Bama and LSU have been bench warmers for the most part. In reality, we only have one possible victory remaining...Tech....and that is highly doubtful. BU, as much as we hate them, is better coached than what we are witnessing at TCU. OU and Texas will maul us.

If Sonny doesn't make drastic changes in his coaching staff after this debacle, we'll be the doormat team of the Big 12....actually we are close to that now.
I posted “Game” in the game thread when Giddens housed that 65-75 yard (whatever it was) wheel route td in the first qtr to go up to 21. Knew it was over and it very much was.

But you’re right, you just know that this team doesn’t seem to have it to stay within the game at times and you can tell when it happens.

I'm almost afraid that we we wil;l play lights out against either Texas or OU and the powers that be will rely on that as an excuse not to make changes.
I’m alright with that. Sending OUT out with a loss and winning every game south of the Red River can make up for this disappointment of a season.

East Coast

Tier 1
Yup. Maybe all the Woodford Reserve and Glenfiddich erased my memory of 2018-21, but I can’t remember a greater no-show than this. Zero plan, zero effort, zero heart. Utterly embarrassing.
Some of the efforts in 2021 were just as bad, (Oklahoma State, and Kansas State come to mind), but I get your point.

East Coast

Tier 1
I’m shocked that we allowed a wheel route/swing pass to score from 75 yards out. I’m kidding. But how come our attempt at the same gets stuffed for a loss?
You can blame that particular play on our DC. Banks was assigned to both spy on the QB and cover the RB. Or at least he played like it. The LB normally assigned to cover the RB took another receiver.

AroundWorldFrog

Lots of talk about JG and KB, but what about Kaz? I have not seen one bit of evidence that he has improved the strength or conditioning of our team. Both our OL and DL are getting pushed around like they're HS kids. I really thought we were supposed to be the ones pushing people around in year 2 of Kaz.

Last edited:

Purple Hearted

Couple of thoughts....

Kids don't seem motivated to perform. Some are calling it quit. some lack of heart or fight. All the same. The TD on the wheel was most definitely on the LB. He wasn't assigned to spy there, but was doing his own thing and then gave a piss poor effort when his mistake was exposed. The scheme wasn't the issue there, the execution of the scheme was the issue.

That being said... I watch a lot of B12 football and my eyes haven't come across another conference mate that is executing at such a poor level. We repeatedly fail to execute. Especially when faced with some adversity. That's the Jekyl and Hyde of this team. When we fall behind, effort and fight back die and with it the execution of schemes falls apart. We're all good though when we're out in front. Front running at it's finest.

It hurts to say this, but Tech, BU, UT and OU all look better coached and have shown more fight in adverse situations than this year's Frogs team.

Limey Frog

Is that a bad thing? To lose guys who are not playing well...........and some of them have completely checked out.
After an unpromising start, it looks like Oklahoma State's mass exodus in January may have left Gundy with a better team, so you may have a point here. It's just a bit confusing since we spent all off-season being told by our resident recruitniks that this roster was deeper than ever. This is why I don't follow recruiting very closely. It's not news until they go out on the field in a TCU jersey and play. How much is on the players and how much is on the coaches isn't easy to figure out. What is clear is that this team sucks.

FrogBall09

Checking out then transferring out is not a recipe for a good landing spot or future NIL deal. If they can't see how important it is to 'build their brand' 'on the field' then God help them.
let me know how playing on a 4-8 team that gets dismantled by anyone with a pulse is building their brand....

bronco

Lots of talk about JG and KB, but what about Kaz? I have not seen one bit of evidence that he has improved the strength or conditioning of our team. Both our OL and DL are getting pushed around like they're HS kids. I really thought we were supposed to be the ones pushing people around in year 2 of Kaz.
His play for the guy next to you motivation has clearly worn off.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
What is clear is that this team sucks.
I would say, this team has sucked, but has also shown that they are completely capable of doing the job. This is what is so maddening to me; One week (BYU) they are killers, playing with confidence and skill. The next, we get tampon pizza. No consistency, no seeming overall philosophy, only stumbling from one catastrophe to another with the occasional shaft of light. Seeing that they can do it makes the bad weeks look all the worse. They are capable, but are not led by someone who is capable of teasing that performance out of them.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
I really don’t understand the first sentence and how it comes out of so many people’s mouths.

While a change was necessary at the time. I will ALWAYS be a Patterson fan.

He’s still GMFP to me.
Yeah I get it -
And I respect GP for what he did and accomplished at TCU.
But, he was also arrogant, behind the times and closed minded.

So, I don't have to be a FAN of his.

Latest posts