• The KillerFrogs

Is Kendal Briles a serious candidate?

ticketfrog123

So he literally had girls that would follow his command and go have sex? Or was he having girls show up to a recruiting party to talk to recruits? The two are completely different
There is public mention that the Baylor hostess program (“Bruins”) girls were frequently impregnated by football players.

Louisville may have had a similar incident to your former comment

arizonafrog12

The fact that so many of you think that the coaching profession is free of morally dubious individuals - except for Briles of course - is shocking… have you ever been around a football team? There’s a pool of testosterone and sexism in every single locker room around the country. I’d be willing to bet we have guys on our team who have engaged in questionable sexual encounters that would be highly scrutinized if they came to light. Give me a break - there is nothing “moral” about college football anymore. It’s about who can get the meanest, nastiest players to buy in to their program. Sometimes that means promoting “white girls” as a selling point. And if you think we don’t sell the same thing to our recruits, you’re very naive

theres 50 other coaches involved in comparable activities that never come up? Is covering up > 30 rapes as an individual that common?
There’s definitely 50 other OC candidates that have presided over a program in which multiple sexual assaults happened… yes. I know what college football culture is like, even at a place like TCU

By the way, there’s a reason why Art and Starr never had a chance after this and why people like KB and Kaz have continued to have extremely successful careers. I’ll give you a hint - it wasn’t their fault…. I know, it’s hard to think critically but sometimes you need to when the issue is complicated

Hemingway

He wasn’t offering them as door prizes, for crying out loud. You don’t think TCU coaches make sure recruits know we have hot coeds? That’s every coach at every school since the very first 18-year-old boy was recruited. The “white girls” thing was a bit too far, but he was trying to sell Baylor and Waco, so probably gotta push the envelope a bit.
I’ve scanned the Violated book and had to collect my memories but I believe that it was the assaults plus the cover ups of the sexual assaults that were the substantial egregious actions. I haven’t seen anything yet that links KB to the cover ups (obstruction, destruction of evidence etc) or as a accessory/conspiracy link to a assault. I think I remember that CAB instructed players to talk to a certain attorney, of course directing someone to find legal counsel is not a crime.
I just want to say that I truly enjoy many of you on this board , but this has brought out the mob in a bad way. Even though you’re anonymous here, there has been some serious accusations thrown out there and I would hate for a lot of freedoms we have here to be scuttled because of rash statements recently made.

OICU812

I’ll save you the trouble: Max and Sonny. You could stretch it to make a case for QJ, but only if you don’t discount people who are unaware of ghe “t” in his name.

Did he say prefer? I don’t think so. Either way no, not racist.

Is it racist if I asked you if you like Hispanic girls? That is absolutely ridiculous.
Yes, in the context of recruiting someone you barely know, hell yes.
Tell you what: Tell me what black mom you know who is ok with that question being asked of her son on a recruiting visit, I will rethink my stance. If you can’t, ( and we both know you can’t) then if you have any spine you will rethink yours.

TooColdU

While the whiners whine - I for one am looking forward to next season regardless.
Sarcastic Bill Burr GIF by Desus & Mero

Toad Jones

So if this is all true and in the end SD is told he can’t hire KB, what does that do for his future at TCU?
Not what it was. It's his program, they hired him with that understanding now saying think this over before going forward. (Meaning it's not your program) How would you perceive this situation. Loyalty to your word means something to people, esp to coach's and especially in the PRIVATE sector. CEO's don't get over things like this. Man, that's playing with a BLOW TORCH!!

THAT PEOPLE IS A PROGRAM KILLING DEBACLE!

And the media getting involved, THAT turmoil makes their day. They will even turn up the heat even more because it sells ad space and air time.

Some people just can't live with a negative, perceived, unproven, unjustifiable thought, hiring a guy named Kendal Briles. So this can happen, our administration gathers some backbone and says, okay go for it. Ha, then Briles says, no, thanks, I've decided against working with TCU. Now you've got REAL problems with Sonny Dykes and his coach's AND FUTURE coaches this university tries to hire. Just when this program gets national attention, a great injection to the brand, a group of people say no. You don't go out, hire a new coach, and he turns the program around 300% then tell him, sorry, but you can't hire who you want. I know, I know we told you and agreed it's your show, but it isn't!! Talk about killing your program....wow.

I feel for Dykes and his staff and believe it or not, I feel for young Briles too. We don't know, but it jeopardizes his future for future opportunities as well. I hope not! Kiffin had no problem, Arkansas thought so much of him, they just gave a big raise and higher compensation package as a reward for a job well done. But, alumni makes a stand and says no because we know for sure, he's questionable.

I don't like ART Briles, think he's scum, but I hold no malice toward Kendall Briles. I'm sure Kendall tells his Dad thanks a lot for this .... Dad.

Yes, TCU threw the bank open to Garrett, but Riley has to have more brand names on his resume at 33 yrs old to get a head coaching job, so he left. Every one of us knew this was going to happen and TCU tried their best, but he did what he thought was best for his future and family. And Sonny did his best for his program too. Now this.

PS.

We sound very much like a school that doesn't know how to handle the thought of success. Wonder how a blue blood would have handled this. Maybe we're close in age to a 14 yr old and Mom and Dad's answer is an immediate no to the question. Mainly because it's never happened before and we're scared to make a decision. But we want to be up there with the big boys, and, but.....

To some, you're guilty by association. Hope you don't get into trouble with the law, and you say, I didn't do it. But listen buddy, you were standing there, you're guilty.

11he last time I checked, the majority are in favor of Briles hiring.

Last edited:

ShadowFrog

Moderators
IMO, If someone is ok with the hiring of KB, then the idea of hiring Art should be ok too. Should also expect Art on the sidelines or in the stands supporting his son. Probably wearing purple and doing the horned frog sign.

TCU would become purple Baylor. With all of the stephenville/Briles people on the staff this era of TCU football would just be the 2nd phase of the Briles Baylor era. Seems the insiders and the big cigars are cool with that though.
NO x forever

tjcoffice

Ezekiel, Chapter 18 says hi.
Yea, blaming the son for the sins of the father is pretty much an Old Testament thing, which even in the OT was not viewed very well. Kendal may well have committed his own sins, but at least myself am more interested in Kendal's actions. less so in Art's.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
There’s definitely 50 other OC candidates that have presided over a program in which multiple sexual assaults happened… yes. I know what college football culture is like, even at a place like TCU

By the way, there’s a reason why Art and Starr never had a chance after this and why people like KB and Kaz have continued to have extremely successful careers. I’ll give you a hint - it wasn’t their fault…. I know, it’s hard to think critically but sometimes you need to when the issue is complicated
Complicated?

I read the entire book, Violated. It was & remains well-researched & co-written by 2 respected authors. Upon completing the book I offered it to fellow frog fans on this forum, and that was years ago. My understanding is that it is still floating around between frog fan forum members now with each of our names on the inside cover. That said, after reading the book Violated, I needed five showers with 10 gallons of bleach and 4 brass scrubbers.

I have a daughter.
I am a TCU grad.
I am NOT a check-writer, big dog or Influencer.
I have no following nor do I get invited to Club meetings.

Son of Briles grew up in Arts family. I do not accuse him of his father’s sins—at same time I believe he saw & heard & learned enough on his own to be aware of the enormity of everything that was wrong around him. And yet he said/did nothing, defended it & profited from it and continues to gain from it. He made his choice.

My choice is to urge we stay far away from this. Let him work, just not here.