• The KillerFrogs

Is CFP really out of the question if we beat OU?

82 Frog Fever

Even if we beat OU by 3 TDs, it won’t move us up 6 or 7 spots.
I’m more worried if we lose, do we not get into a NY6 Bowl.
I think it’s more like nothing to gain and everything to lose for TCU.
I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

FrogLifeYo

We got a chance...A long shot but a chance..Would be best if OU jumps all the way to #1 on Tuesday..Our only really shot is a convincing win over the #1 ranked team in the CCG..Right now things are setting up nicely..

Purple Cavalier

All depends on tomorrow.

Michigan Beats OSU

South Carolina beats Clemson

Stanford beats ND

OU beats WVu

Washington beats WSU

Bama beats Auburn

A bonus for GTech to beat Georgia (won’t happen), but best if Georgia looks bad

Then next week:

We beat OU -and do so with a shut down of BakerM

Bama wins big - embarrasses Georgia

Wisconsin beats OSU

Miami kills Clemson

Stanford beats the other USC

———-

Alabama

Wisconsin

Miami

TCU

Am I missing something. Other than the odds of this are so slim that no one should have their hopes up. There may be other scenarios, but definitely in the two loss scenario we can make it over Georgia and Oklahoma more easily than OSU or USC

Michigan loses
South Carolina loses
Bama loses
Georgia wins big

Not much fell into place today. We are not playing in the Final Four!

FrogLifeYo

Keep in mind with Alabama that they have the terrible SOS and just lost their opportunity at a 13 game data point..I know they are Alabama but in a year with a lot of teams who can make an argument, playing in your CCG and getting that extra data point is huge..

jake102

I think that Alabama loss ended it for us.

Wisconsin
Miami/Clemson
Georgia/Auburn
Alabama

I would hope committee would look at SOS but assume they wont

82 Frog Fever

Ok you’re right, B12 Champs would be a huge win.
Still, I don’t think they’ll put us in the playoff (I hope I’m wrong).
I am worried if we end up with 3 losses, they’ll find a way to screw us out of a NY6 bowl.

BoondocksFrog

I love all the positivity, but all of these teams get in before us with a win next week:

Georgia/Auburn
Clemson/Miami
Ohio State/Wisconsin
USC

Our team isn’t a playoff team this year.

ReedFrawg

If Ohio st and auburn had lost today then we would be in a great spot. Now it's just a long shot.

ACC champ is in. Clemson.
BIG champ is in. Ohio St/Wiscy. Don't see them leaving out Ohio st if they win - even though Bama has 1 loss.
SEC champ is in. Auburn.

Last spot contenders would be Wisconsin, Georgia, Alabama, Miami, Penn State, USC (if they win) and TCU (if we win). If USC loses then we have a reasonable case as conf champ with 2 losses and win over #1 OU? This should move us ahead of Penn State, USC, Miami/clemson, and UGA/Auburn...basically the other 2 loss teams. Could leave it as conf champ TCU or Bama or maybe Wisconsin for the last spot??? We would get screwed...

Austintxfrog94

Stanford needs to beat USC.

David Shaw: “these kids are 18-22 years old. ... you have to let them play the games.”

Amen.
Probably the most accurate and grounding quote you can hear right now. A bunch of grown ups obsessing about this beauty pageant. Winning the toughest (imo) conference in college football outright (especially after losing in Norman) would be awesome.

ReedFrawg

Probably the most accurate and grounding quote you can hear right now. A bunch of grown ups obsessing about this beauty pageant. Winning the toughest (imo) conference in college football outright (especially after losing in Norman) would be awesome.

Grown men. Not kids....are we talking high school?

Bizarro Frog

I love all the positivity, but all of these teams get in before us with a win next week:

Georgia/Auburn
Clemson/Miami
Ohio State/Wisconsin
USC

Our team isn’t a playoff team this year.
USC is not getting in. They might be ranked ahead of us this week but that is ratings bait. Their best win??????? Stanford as a 4 loss team? If we beat OU we have a Top 2 win and Top 2 loss. Common opponents have USC beating TX by a FG in OT, we control TX in an easy win 24-7.

Latest posts