• The KillerFrogs

Info on Tu'ua

Limp Lizard

He seems to be on GP's witness protection program. He participated in the JSU game but not since. He is till on the roster, so I guess he was hurt. Any knowledge?

And no, I am not going to believe he is in GP's doghouse. I would think he is too mature and talented for that. Not playing against Kansas is pretty good proof that he can't play.

Sebastian S

On a similar scenario, Taj Williams actually played and got a TD.

He is like the Josh Doctson(Redskins) of TCU.... if that makes any sense. lol

These are the type of information that we the public will probably not know, more like confidential info just for the team/coaches.

Wexahu

Let's just say he's not nearly as physically imposing as you would expect given his listed height/weight. All I know is he is nowhere near 6'2".

We have a good 4-man rotation at DT, there probably just isn't a need for 5.

CountryFrog

Let's just say he's not nearly as physically imposing as you would expect given his listed height/weight. All I know is he is nowhere near 6'2".

We have a good 4-man rotation at DT, there probably just isn't a need for 5.
I'm not saying you're wrong because I've never seen the guy in person, but there's gotta be more to it than just this I would think. I'm assuming the coaches met him before offering him a scholarship so they knew full well how big he really was (or wasn't). If it's just that he's not big enough to play the position effectively then why would we give him a scholarship?

Your last point is very true, though. We're good at DT. Still weird that he wouldn't play against KU unless they're trying to redshirt him.

Wexahu

I'm not saying you're wrong because I've never seen the guy in person, but there's gotta be more to it than just this I would think. I'm assuming the coaches met him before offering him a scholarship so they knew full well how big he really was (or wasn't). If it's just that he's not big enough to play the position effectively then why would we give him a scholarship?

Your last point is very true, though. We're good at DT. Still weird that he wouldn't play against KU unless they're trying to redshirt him.

We maybe are trying to redshirt him but he’s already about 26 years old I think, isn’t he? It may be a case where he was a borderline prospect and was signed as a contingency in case others didn’t work out. I’m just saying, he doesn’t really look the part, not what you’d expect a 6’2”, 315 pound guy to look like.

TX_Krötenechse

I’ve read that he was injured and there’s no rush to get him back in the game because our current rotation is so good.

Not sure where Wex is getting his info on his size ... he looked just as big as expected when I saw him on the field against JSU.

HFrog12

Our Dline, specifically tackles, have been fantastic thus far. This guy get's brought up on multiple sites. He didn't start playing football till late so maybe he just hasn't progressed and isn't good enough right now? I'd be raising the question also if our Dline was struggling, otherwise I do not get the fascination with him. But I also think being able to ask these questions is the beauty of this site, so carry on!

Limp Lizard

GP was very high on him through fall camp. Must have gotten hurt early in the JSU game. It will be good to have another big body to rely on next year. Disappointing, though, since older guys are generally less injury prone.