• The KillerFrogs

In Remembrance

fanforlife

Although he is still very much here and gracing us with his influence, Jack Hesselbrock.

Jack, like GP, is quintessential TCU - a kind, optimistic, steadfastly loyal and hardworking guy. He is the kind of person who made sure TCU would remain a place with character and integrity. He is a long-time advocate of both the student-athletes and the fans. Jack is one of the only people who has remained true to TCU through all of this wandering. He is one of the main inside connections back to the TCU of the past. Without him, TCU might have evolved into something different.

I know he wanted to see this (or something similar) happen to TCU and has spent a good chunk of his life and his spirit working to keep this school a special experience of which we could be proud.

My deceased step father. I would not have been able to earn my TCU degree without him. He followed the Frogs from the early 90;s until February 2009. He always taped games for me and asked all about the program. He was even able to come up from East Texas and attend a few games as well despite his age. He passed away at age 90 in February of 2009. While I am not able to do that now, I would at some point like to get a scholarship established in his name for a student to attend TCU.

Terry -- He was on the forum and posted under the name of Traditionalist. He was a computer science professor at TCU. He did just as good or better job of keeping statistics on TCU Athletics as the Sports Information Department. He was a vocal critic of the administration on how they ran the athletic department in the SWC and at least through the WAC. People like him inspired the change with the athletic department. On a personal level, I met him in the early 90's when he helped me through some projects in the computer lab. He played a major role in helping me achieve my computer knowledge that I have today. He also was a great source of information and perspective on things relating to TCU. He also exposed me and gave me an appreciation for talk radio which I consider one the best sources for news and sports. Unfortunately, he did not live to see the wonderful changes that have occurred.

pastorfrog

Dr. Ambrose Edens. He followed the Frogs- and the Rangers- faithfully. Taught Religion for 93 years- at least it felt like it.

Dr. Ken Teegarden Former General Minister and President of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and Minister in Residence at Brite. Huge Frog fan.

Orville Neal- I was honored to do his funeral. He played DT for the Frogs in the 50's- on the 57 Cotton Bowl team. What a good man.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Without Frank Windegger and Chancellor Tucker we wouldn't know the joys we have felt by being complacent, being left out, then having to work so hard and long to get back. Thanks guys.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Prof Jim Jacobsen, the last TCU band director to understand the role of the band in support of athletics. Did a huge amount on a shoestring budget; no greater ambassador for TCU as a uniiversity. was Lindy Berry's brother in law, by the way.

the dutchman

Without Frank Windegger and Chancellor Tucker we wouldn't know the joys we have felt by being complacent, being left out, then having to work so hard and long to get back. Thanks guys.

Frank "the Tank" Windegger is responsible for getting us into this mess from the start. Complacency lead our non inclusion in the Big 12 in 1994. Frank did absolutely nothing as an AD.

Double D

Tier 1
T Ross Bailey
Bruce Smith

Mike Sinquefield
Matt Lewis

Jack Hesselbrock

Brian Estridge, John Denton. In the late 80s, Denton went out and basically set up the TCU radio network, sold the ad time, produced the broadcasts, etc. This is his 23rd year involved with TCU radio.

Patrick Batteaux, led the FROGS over USC.
LT
The Schoebels
David Hawthorne, Jason Phillips, Jerry Hughes

FrogAbroad

Prof Jim Jacobsen, the last TCU band director to understand the role of the band in support of athletics. Did a huge amount on a shoestring budget; no greater ambassador for TCU as a uniiversity. was Lindy Berry's brother in law, by the way.

And his son-in-law was a TCU BoT member and chairman of the search committee who recommended Victor Boshini become the current chancellor.

rynosdad

I think a big thank you should go to all past & present Frog athletes & coaches in all sports. Football is King but all our sports are heading to the B12-2 - thanks for having the "Frog Factor" guys and gals!

Frog DJ

My parents, who inspired my love for TCU - even though neither one of them attended TCU. They had season tickets for decades, and loved the Frogs.

Dr. Larry Lauer, who inspired me to a career in broadcasting as my RTF professor, and continues to lead our fine alma mater as a Vice Chancellor.

Coach Abe Martin, who won 3 SWC Championships in 5 years, and 4 altogether in the '50's.

SID Jim Brock, who taught a stupid, young, aspiring broadcaster how to ask the right questions.

My son (ecto), who shares my passion and devotion to all things Purple.

Go Frogs! Do It Now!

I second Malcolm Louden and Jack Hasselbrock, two men who have very purple hearts.

My friend, Ray Goodman, was a huge Frog fan and season ticket holder. We spent many a day at work talking Frog sports. Overcame cancer once but it came back. I know he's smiling wide thinking about the move.

LT, for giving me some of the greatest memories a fan could have. The Utep game will live with me forever because 406 was so amazing.

hometown frog

Second the Whitewolf thought. Was thinking about how estatic he'd be with us getting back into a conf with our old SWC rivalries. Maybe we would have been able to convince him to open up the taps at the bar for free for an evening of celebration....

Also think my Mom would have loved to see the old teams come back through again. She would have been able to see her Red Raiders come through every other year. (that and Aggie games for my grandfather are what started us going to TCU games when I was itty bitty)

Here are mine.

Don ver Dein (probably didn't spell the name right, but its been 45 years). He was in the Religion dept., but convinced TCU to give a golf scholarship to a kid from a small town in West Texas. I could never have attended the school of my dreams if it hadn't been for that.

My Dad - he worked as a brakeman on a small, private railroad in that town but somehow came up with enough money for me to return to TCU in the fall for my sophomore year even though my scholarship had been jerked due to poor performance my freshman year. If I hadn't made the team, I would have had to transfer to some other school. He couldn't afford the cost for another semester.

Abe Martin/Tom Prouse - told me if I made the team the fall of my sophomore year I would get my scholarship back in the spring. I did, and they kept their word. I didn't have to worry about it after that, thank God.

May God bless these gentlemen who are all deceased now.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)

+1

So often during the dismal football seasons of the 70's, the band was the most enjoyable part of the game! The quality of the music and performances was a source of pride (at least for me.)

ksfrog

Linda Kaye with her purple tennis shoes and JJ Yale (longtime head of security). Both of them would have loved the ride the Frogs have been on since their passings.