• The KillerFrogs

In-house Landman

Westsider

How long will it take working as an analyst to move up to an in house landman? Does it pay much less than a field landman?

Majors will keep you there a few years, but it's a pretty good place to start. Companies don't pay as much as field guys, but they factor in benefits that day work doesn't have so its not apples and apples.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Seek knowledge, not money. With knowledge, the money comes. Many landpeople do what it takes, sometimes minimally, to make the money. Like in many fields, people settle for mediocrity. Some go above and beyond. Be that person. I have worked with lonestar89 and he will go far in the industry.

The Degenerate Frog

Whatever brother, you’ll be fine with a 20 year pension and your VA disability rating. In-House means you don’t have to use the porta john.

Funny story... 10+ years ago at Ranger School... standard procedure for taking a whiz while patrolling or while laid in for an ambush was to just let it go while walking. You already smell bad enough that it isnt a big deal. At night... your pants start to freeze from the piss... kind of like your hair in a hottub during the winter.

Guess this would not be considered In-House.

Chongo94

If you don't want field experience but want something like the in house stuff, I guess there's always Purple here in FTW. That might get you on the path. But their reviews on Glassdoor are rather interesting...

flyfishingfrog

Oh, and the Taylor Catch & Release has 20"+ fish that are catchable, if you can crack the code..
Dog food fly - brown chenille wrapped in a spiral in a size 14 tiemco 2488 hook. You can a little tungsten bead as the middle if you want the really big ones that rarely surface or film feed

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Dog food fly - brown chenille wrapped in a spiral in a size 14 tiemco 2488 hook. You can a little tungsten bear as the middle if you want the really big ones that rarely surface or film feed
Wat8.jpg

flyfishingfrog

The code for the Taylor - or really any of the rivers in Colorado where they have a "public" section up or downriver from some jackass rich guys private section where they have feeders shooting dog food to the trout to make them bigger

Or you could go fish mayflies on a river in a state that doesn't have the dumbest access laws in the country...like Montana or Idaho.

Long Time Lurker

Funny story... 10+ years ago at Ranger School... standard procedure for taking a whiz while patrolling or while laid in for an ambush was to just let it go while walking. You already smell bad enough that it isnt a big deal. At night... your pants start to freeze from the piss... kind of like your hair in a hottub during the winter.

Guess this would not be considered In-House.

My only question to you is: why are you using your 173rd patch, Is that cooler than your CA patches?

Ray Finkle

Dog food fly - brown chenille wrapped in a spiral in a size 14 tiemco 2488 hook. You can a little tungsten bead as the middle if you want the really big ones that rarely surface or film feed
Go fish it at night with a mysis shrimp pattern and a head lamp. Those toads that sat there all day like a bump on a log are gorging on mysis that are up in the water column in Taylor Reservoir (because they're nocturnal) and getting sucked through the dam. It's freaking Disney Land, if the water levels are low. 4 of us have caught a combined 100+ fish in 2.5-3 hours. Of course, some of these guys are pros, so that helps.

As for your fly choice, I get ripped for fishing a pegged egg. Might as well be baitfishing with your fly selection;)

Oh, try some tungsten JP's Nymphing Mud in a brown color. It'll look like a pebble versus a split shot. I fished a lot of pressured fish around Denver when I "did time" there. Very technical fishing but it made me a better fisherman. Little stuff like this adds up on big fish.

PM me if you are out here sometime, we might be able to connect. I'm elk hunting tomorrow but if you want, we can catch the game at Bar 47 in Almont after my morning hunt!

Last edited:

The Degenerate Frog

My only question to you is: why are you using your 173rd patch, Is that cooler than your CA patches?
Tomahawks.png
"The pipe tomahawk has a pipe bowl on one end, making it useful as a peace pipe; this represents CA’s ability to engage in diplomacy. The sharp edge represents CA’s ability as a tool to shape their environment, or when needed, perform as a weapon."

So to answer your question... because it is gay