• The KillerFrogs

In Gary's Sights: Dutch Meyer

TCUdirtbag

Per TCU Sports Information Director, http://www.twitter.com/tcusid

A TCU win over UNLV would be the 108th for head coach Gary Patterson, moving him within 1 of tying Dutch Meyer for the Frogs' all-time lead.

LHCGMFP is on track to break the record in September 2012 as we enter the Big 12. Should provide for some great color commentary during our inaugural Big 12 Conference season. A win over UNLV and in the Bowl game sets up our 2012 season-opener as the likely breakthrough moment.

I certainly hope it's a home game (TCU hasn't posted dates for OOC games, but a few third party sites have week 1 vacant, week 2 hosting grambling, week 3 vacant, week 4 hosting UVA, and week 5 at SMU. Obviously this is likely to change with only 3 OOC games on the schedule). And I hope they plan to celebrate appropriately. And by appropriately I mean over the top. Fireworks, gifts, and the naming of something after him.

dutchman

I knew Dutch very well and there is no one he would have loved more to coach his beloved Horned Frogs than Coach Patterson. And since Dutch, there has been no one in football coaching as much like him as Coach Patterson. They are two coaching genuises, and TCU has been so fortunate to have them both.

I hope that Coach Patterson more than doubles Dutch's record.

rifram09

Should make the beginning of next season a whole lot of fun.

Ya, cause next season was going to be a real snooze fest but for this. :tongue:

All of these things were already going on:

1) Introducing a brand new stadium
2) Big 12
a) chance to repay Baylor for this year's early-season let down
b) might play UT at said new stadium (if not, we know we'll play them at home next year)
c) we are in a respected AQ conference
3) Many of the teams in the B12 will be breaking in new QB's and other key players.
4) We have a more experience team

It feels like 2012 is just a perfect storm TCU! Alot is breaking our way.

EDIT: Also a chance to punish SMU for this season's upset.