• The KillerFrogs

If I were Gary...

Eight

Losing 4 starting OL - all of whom are in the NFL - is a SMALL factor? It is the DEFINING factor in our offensive struggles. It is hard to run a decent offense when you can't block anyone.

And I don't remember the misses tackles last year, but I do have short-term memory issues.......our defense is still good, even with all the injuries, but it has been worn out by our offensive woes.

agree it is very big deal and i did a poor job of being funny in response to swissarmy frog's question

i also think the issues that the team had in 2017 when morris was out was a glimpse at the issues this team is having in the interior line. the lack of depth then hurt, but wasn't crippling last year as the interior offensive line play has been to this years offense

frogs have tackled poorly for a few seasons, last team that tackled well in my mind was the peach bowl teach.

there have been a couple of trends that have continued for a few seasons. the second half defensive collapse against ku this year is damn near a mirror of what happened in 2016 for basically the same reasons. no pass rush from a 3-man front and linebacker and safeties who could cover a crossing or wheel route

seriously you have senior linebackers who still don't line up properly, take false steps, and goodness don't let a receiver run a crossing route

Chongo94

All I know is this finally puts to bed what the season will turn out to be when G.P. speaks during preseason. Never darning fails that when he’s happy and says good things, we stink to high heaven.

PO Frog

Somebody on the other board posted the Stanford program’s stunning reduction in injuries based on their new weight training program that Harbaugh brought in. Sounds pretty feh with a bunch of core mobility crap but they did report an 87% reduction in lost games/starts.

Eight

Somebody on the other board posted the Stanford program’s stunning reduction in injuries based on their new weight training program that Harbaugh brought in. Sounds pretty feh with a bunch of core mobility crap but they did report an 87% reduction in lost games/starts.

i would say the stanford program is anything but meh.

turley puts a premium on functional strength, doing the rep right versus how much, and spends a great deal of time looking at individual flaws and addressing those to reduce risk of injury.

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/31/...inct-training-regimen-redefines-strength.html

some of the things zach dechant blogs about follows the same line of thought

i know a couple who he played linebacker at stanford and she ran track. turley and his staff do an individual analysis of each incoming athlete, target areas that needs to be address for their specific sports and their specific positions, address physical weaknesses, and before they start building they go through a period where athlete has to show mastery of the exercise.

the track record is there not only in the case of stanford football who has put a number of guys in the nfl despite the academic requirements of the school and they don't crush it according to the recruiting rankings

we are talking 40 players drafted in the last 10 draft and that covers 1 top 10 recruiting class and 1 top 20 recruiting class

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Stanford_Cardinal_in_the_NFL_Draft

PO Frog

i would say the stanford program is anything but meh.

turley puts a premium on functional strength, doing the rep right versus how much, and spends a great deal of time looking at individual flaws and addressing those to reduce risk of injury.

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/31/...inct-training-regimen-redefines-strength.html

some of the things zach dechant blogs about follows the same line of thought

i know a couple who he played linebacker at stanford and she ran track. turley and his staff do an individual analysis of each incoming athlete, target areas that needs to be address for their specific sports and their specific positions, address physical weaknesses, and before they start building they go through a period where athlete has to show mastery of the exercise.

the track record is there not only in the case of stanford football who has put a number of guys in the nfl despite the academic requirements of the school and they don't crush it according to the recruiting rankings

we are talking 40 players drafted in the last 10 draft and that covers 1 top 10 recruiting class and 1 top 20 recruiting class

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Stanford_Cardinal_in_the_NFL_Draft
I understand and that article is what I was referring to and I had already read it. My point was that it sounded kinda gay but obviously got results. Mostly was joking about core and mobility work because those terms are so overused now.

H0RNEDFR0G

12 was bad, 13 bad, 16 bad, 18 bad, and he isn’t getting any younger, look it’s been a great run, he gets another year if he wants it of course, I am saying there might be someone else on the face of the planet better to lead this program into the future

In 2012 and 2013, TCU was transitioning from Mountain West to Big 12. That doesn't happen overnight. We were at a SERIOUS talent disparity from our competition. In 2014 we win a share of our conference title, got screwed out of the playoff, but came out and smoked one of the best teams in the country 42-3 in the Peach Bowl.

2016 and 2018 are rebuild years. In 2016, we trotted out a transfer QB. In 2017 we played for our 2nd Conference Championship. We could've won 1 or both of the games against OU if they didn't have one of the best QB's to ever play the game on their team.

2018 we're working with our 2nd new QB and we have 40 players injured. We are not Oklahoma or Alabama. We're not going to play for the title every year, but stating that these poor seasons are unacceptable and GMFP should consider retirement is unfathomable to me.

How many good coaches do you think there are? Texas missed big with Charlie Strong. Baylor wiffed with Rhule. Willie Taggart is an abomination. Chad Morris is doing terribly at Arkansas. Terrible coaches are a dime a dozen. In fact, there are like 5 good coaches. Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Dabo Swinney, Chris Peterson, and Gary Patterson. We have one of those guys, and can't touch the other 4. I'd like to see this chatter end immediately.

I love every single thing about TCU except our whiny fans. We're one of the smallest P5 schools in the country, the success we've had is incredible. Boo-hoo, we are having a bad year. We're gonna win 10+ next year. Even if we don't, we've had an incredible ride that 125 or so Div 1 teams would give anything to have. I'm still damn proud to be a Frog, and always will be. Hallelujah, Holy S, where's the Tylenol?

Eight

i think there a more than 5 good coaches in college football. mike gundy and dan campbell have proven to be fairly solid and there are others.

i agree tcu has had success, but the time frames are getting a bit skewed. yes, tcu has ranked in the top 10 3 times since we have joined the big 12. tcu has only had one other period of time that is comparable with being ranked in the top 10 and that is 2008-2010

what you can not find anywhere during patterson's time in ft worth is the 3 losing seasons in a 6 year period or more than 1 losing season in conference play. in the 11 conference seasons prior to joining the big 12 tcu had 1 losing season and 1 .500 season. tcu is now going to have its 4th losing conference season in 7 in the big 12.

if i am being whiny for typing that last paragraph we have a different definition of whiny and what i see is a pattern and not an isolated year.

did the wrongs rebound in 2014? yes, but that required two things. staff changes and development of young players

the concern is some significant personnel holes at key positions that quite frankly the last time i can find anything comparable is 2012. additionally, some of the staff charged with this rebuild are some of the same staff that helped create the issues in 2012 and 2013.

i guess those are only the worries of those of us that are whiny and feel entitled