• The KillerFrogs

Idea for uniforms

tcufrogprince1

Im just curious how it would be forced every tradition at tcu started as an idea and if it took it was good. Just questioning how this is forced when the team, coach and faculty dont even know about it. I have to say i am tempted to threaten an indian sunburn to CDC.

Deep Purple

All lame ideas, and all based on a lame premise. Any statement we make to the Big 12 must be based on what we accomplish on the field, not what's on our uni's. If we don't accomplish it on the field, what's on the uni's won't matter a spit. And if we do accomplish it on the field, what's on our uni's will be equally irrelevant.

Please, let's not sink into the Boise State mentality that we need gimmicks on top of winning to garner attention. Unlike Boise State, we're in a BCS conference. If we win, that in itself will be the attention-getter, not the uni's. Winning should be enough.

tcumaniac

All lame ideas, and all based on a lame premise. Any statement we make to the Big 12 must be based on what we accomplish on the field, not what's on our uni's. If we don't accomplish it on the field, what's on the uni's won't matter a spit. And if we do accomplish it on the field, what's on our uni's will be equally irrelevant.

Please, let's not sink into the Boise State mentality that we need gimmicks on top of winning to garner attention. Unlike Boise State, we're in a BCS conference. If we win, that in itself will be the attention-getter, not the uni's. Winning should be enough.

Thank goodness there's one person on this board with a brain... frogprince needs to stop embarrassing himself

tcufrogprince1

hmmmm...questionable coming from you tcumaniac. Talk to me when u get some pubes in. I dont understand the hate crap that comes through this site. It used to be pretty fun to get on here and now it looks like we have a bunch of children on here that like to run around with their diapers off and try and ship on everyone else that wants to enjoy talking on a thread. Its an idea...yes i understand you might not get those in your tiny brain, but actually graduating from TCU will help you out with that.
Second...There is no part of my thread that said that TCU should stop showing it on the field...scratch my head...duh? My point was to give credit (everlasting) to lhcgp and to immortalize the idea that lhcgp put in place here. Deep Purple, when u stop being a prick on here I would love to share some actual dialogue seperate from your snide, though well versed, remarks. You are, at the very least, consistantly rude. Congrats on that.

Third...if you dont like the idea f off. If you dont like it dont participate in the post.

Deep Purple

Second...There is no part of my thread that said that TCU should stop showing it on the field...scratch my head...duh? My point was to give credit (everlasting) to lhcgp and to immortalize the idea.
Have fun pummeling that straw man? Because nobody suggested that you were saying what we do on the field is immaterial.

What we said is this: The uni's are immaterial to what we do on the field. Accomplishment on the field is the only statement that counts. What is on the uni's is irrelvant. More than that, if we put something on the uni's and don't back it up on the field, it creates an obvious target for TCU ridicule. Not exactly a wise course.

Third...if you dont like the idea f off. If you dont like it dont participate in the post.
This is a discussion board. The whole point is discussion. That necessarily entails disagreement and difference of opinion.

If you put your ideas out there, expecting only positive strokes in return and no negative reaction, you need to re-evaluate your expectations. People who disagree with you don't have to f-off and they don't have to bow out of posting. They're as entitled to express their opinions as you are to express yours. This board is not just for those who agree with you. If you can't grow a thicker skin and learn how to handle that, perhaps it's you who should consider not participating.

tcumaniac

hmmmm...questionable coming from you tcumaniac. Talk to me when u get some pubes in. I dont understand the hate crap that comes through this site. It used to be pretty fun to get on here and now it looks like we have a bunch of children on here that like to run around with their diapers off and try and ship on everyone else that wants to enjoy talking on a thread. Its an idea...yes i understand you might not get those in your tiny brain, but actually graduating from TCU will help you out with that.
Second...There is no part of my thread that said that TCU should stop showing it on the field...scratch my head...duh? My point was to give credit (everlasting) to lhcgp and to immortalize the idea that lhcgp put in place here. Deep Purple, when u stop being a prick on here I would love to share some actual dialogue seperate from your snide, though well versed, remarks. You are, at the very least, consistantly rude. Congrats on that.

You graduated from TCU? Dear Lord. Your posts have the maturity of a high schooler at best. Just stop with the "ideas." They're embarrassing to yourself and they're embarrassing to TCU. When I read through this thread, I found myself shaking my head at every single one of your posts.

Your "idea" is the silliest, most gimmicky thing I've ever read on this board. Just please stop. I'm sincerely curious as to what you do for a living, and what your boss thinks of all your awesome "ideas."

tcufrogprince1

I dont have a boss. I own my own company so no go there. Again..coming from you maniac I wouldnt say you can speak on maturity either. This was a thread for an idea of which most people added politely too or didnt post. Its hypothetical and is based on things that other universities have already done. ie. V Tech. Saying that everything yiu dont agree with is lame and then personally saying things about me is pretty stupid. You might be asking me for a job someday or one of the other business men I associate with. Its easy to be a [Cowherd] bag on here its another in the real world. Just remember that when a conputer isnt sitting between you and me at a function.

tcufrogprince1

Deep Purple..point taken..I think I responded more to maniac after comenting on me personally in which I dont agree with. My standing in the world is far more important to me than this board but I will not have anyone talk down to me. Even on a computer. As to your point... I was not ref. to make a mark based completely on the big 12 invite. Instead it was a suggestion for everything we stand for as the underdog and as a credit to lhcgp and his idea. Players now and in the future could have something to remind them where they came from and long after lhcgp is gone they can have his words still echoed. Its been done with other credible universities. I would love to see more traditions and I would love to be the one explaining it ti others. ie. Hey aggie...what is the 12th man? Hey notre dame...Why do u smack the sign in the hall before the game? Hey frog... whats up with the mountain on the shoulder/helmet etc. Its for all the years we were thrown out in the dog shed and for the years that lhcgp put everything back togeather for us to be back where we are now. The idea is about as gimmicky as CP's tattoos with motivational words.

Paint It Purple

Love the idea. Not sure what the appropriate symbol should be, but agree one should exist.

Could we start a new fan tradition? Some "never forget" type of moment (even a moment of silence) before every game to remind us of all the hard work that went in to our being able to play the games at all?
I like the purple mountain idea. Lots of symbolism. "never forget"...elephants never forget.

tcumaniac

I dont have a boss. I own my own company so no go there. Again..coming from you maniac I wouldnt say you can speak on maturity either. This was a thread for an idea of which most people added politely too or didnt post. Its hypothetical and is based on things that other universities have already done. ie. V Tech. Saying that everything yiu dont agree with is lame and then personally saying things about me is pretty stupid. You might be asking me for a job someday or one of the other business men I associate with. Its easy to be a [Cowherd] bag on here its another in the real world. Just remember that when a conputer isnt sitting between you and me at a function.

You're so moody. And sensitive. And emotional. You sure your name isn't preteenfrogprincess?

This "thing" that you keep referring to that other schools have... We have it in a way too... We had "Till Hell Freezes" on our collars just like Va Tech had beamerball on their belts. What you're trying to do just seems far too forced.

However, to give you some credit, I think it's important that future frog teams never forget where we came from. TCU should never lose the blue collar attitude that's gotten us where we are today. Does that mean put some fruity symbol on our helmet? ehhh.. I don't think so. But if they do come up with something, it needs to be created by coach P or the players... No some internet frogprincess.

Young and Horned

I was thinking we need a mark/symbol to put on our jersey. We need to put something to symbolize our transformation to this stage. This is such a huge deal that it needs to be marked permanantly. The players need to have something to mark forever the guts and glory it took to get to this moment. Ideas anyone? Joke: a tadpole...maybe a small fish playing off the small fish in big pond...the number 16 for how many years we were kicked out...???? I just think it would be cool to immortalize this for future players. I always liked us as the underdog and I hope they never forget that idea or chip on their shoulder...hell a poker chip with the number 16 placed on the shoulder would be awesome.

I just like that you had to repeat what you mean for the first 4 lines.

P

purplePPO

If I may say something sir! Ideas like yours do not swell into a schools institutional tradition by a simple post on this site! I know you may not like to hear that but it is true. Take some constructive criticism like an adult. Talk to the team itself and the coaches. How about approuching the TCU chancelor or the athletic director Delconte? Just an idea for you to seek other alternatives other than living and dying what is said on this blog site! Sorry if you dont like it!!

Deep Purple

Deep Purple..point taken..I think I responded more to maniac after comenting on me personally in which I dont agree with. My standing in the world is far more important to me than this board but I will not have anyone talk down to me. Even on a computer. As to your point... I was not ref. to make a mark based completely on the big 12 invite. Instead it was a suggestion for everything we stand for as the underdog and as a credit to lhcgp and his idea. Players now and in the future could have something to remind them where they came from and long after lhcgp is gone they can have his words still echoed. Its been done with other credible universities. I would love to see more traditions and I would love to be the one explaining it ti others. ie. Hey aggie...what is the 12th man? Hey notre dame...Why do u smack the sign in the hall before the game? Hey frog... whats up with the mountain on the shoulder/helmet etc. Its for all the years we were thrown out in the dog shed and for the years that lhcgp put everything back togeather for us to be back where we are now. The idea is about as gimmicky as CP's tattoos with motivational words.
Understood, prince. I think I also understand your motives a little better. Maniac and I appear to agree on the uni ideas, but he was out of line in getting personal about it. If you disagree with someone, you criticizes the opinion, not the person. (Unless the poster is an obvious troll.)

As far as the uniform ideas go, two things:

1) TCU changes its uniform look fairly regularly, so any tradition connected with uniforms, beyond the fact that they will always contain purple, is not likely to last very long.

2) More importantly, we as fans can't simply decide we're going to artificially contrive traditions for the team. Team traditions have to arise naturally, from within the team. That is, from among the players and/or coaching and training staff. Fans trying to invent traditions for the team is like a husband trying to birth a baby for his wife. Can't be done.

tcumaniac

Understood, prince. I think I also understand your motives a little better. Maniac and I appear to agree on the uni ideas, but he was out of line in getting personal about it. If you disagree with someone, you criticizes the opinion, not the person. (Unless the poster is an obvious troll.)

As far as the uniform ideas go, two things:

1) TCU changes its uniform look fairly regularly, so any tradition connected with uniforms, beyond the fact that they will always contain purple, is not likely to last very long.

2) More importantly, we as fans can't simply decide we're going to artificially contrive traditions for the team. Team traditions have to arise naturally, from within the team. That is, from among the players and/or coaching and training staff. Fans trying to invent traditions for the team is like a husband trying to birth a baby for his wife. Can't be done.

Exactly.....

The part about me getting out of line.... ehh. whatever

TCUlater

We could put a huge picture of Tom Petty (late 80's/ early 90's) all over the back of the jerseys and a caption under it that says, "don't back down."