• The KillerFrogs

I had a good feeling when UM broke that big run on the first play of the game.

StinnettFrog

I think it happened also in a Liberty Bowl game years ago that their were a couple of big runs to start the game and then the defense locked them down for negative rushing yards for the rest of the game.
I still remember John turntine holding off a blocker with one arm and stopping 230lb Cecil Cobb with the other. Cold day in Memphis but great defense that day.

ShreveFrog

Told my wife same thing about first play. But I did not have a good feeling free that. Fortunately the run defense stiffened up.

Froggy Style

I still remember John turntine holding off a blocker with one arm and stopping 230lb Cecil Cobb with the other. Cold day in Memphis but great defense that day.
Cecil Sapp maybe?

He and Bradlee Van Pelt had the worst days of their careers. Without that run they probably had 80 total yards.

I also thought of both when I saw it and had minimal fear. Like the players have said, once we saw trick play…we were golden.

FrogCop19

I also thought of both when I saw it and had minimal fear. Like the players have said, once we saw trick play…we were golden.
Yeah, when I saw this I knew. It reminded me of Wisconsin on a different level. Despite the fact that we won that game, they were able to get a constant barrage of short yardage but struggled throwing the ball. We didn't allow any more of the big plays, but we gave up 2-4 yards pretty consistently.

I was flabbergasted that they went to the pass on the goal line on 4th down. In both situations.

Eight

Without that play, M only had a 132 yards on a the ground. Tell me again how the 3-3-5 doesn't work against the power run game?

you want to really drive that point home, consider that in the 3rd quarter michigan had a scoring drive that was a 10-yard defensive holding against the frogs, a 39-yard scramble by their quarterback, and then the 20 yard qb keeper for the score

3 carries for 113 yards which means on the other 37 wolverine carries they gained 73 yards

now i obviously don't understand the power of analytics and advanced metrics, but i am fairly certain that is less than 2 yards per carry

helcap

I had a different thought. Edwards had 75 & 92 yard TD runs against tOSU. So when Clark tracked him down at the 20 yd line my first thought was welcome to real team speed