• The KillerFrogs

I’m sick of watching Texas kids Star for non Texas teams

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
What’s frustrating is many of them are elite college QBs, which every in state school has struggled to find, TCU included (baker would’ve been your starter 16-17 or Barrett or Hurts)

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
This is nothing new and it will always happen. UT Norman has been raiding Texas forever, Arkansas, LSU, OSU et al have too. Ohio State’s top RB is a Texan, and it goes on and on.

There will always be kids that want to get away, plus with Houston, Dallas with the influx of corporate transfers, many kids really aren’t Texans or have parental ties out of state.

It’d be nice if there were a CFL type NCAA rule that said 95% of your team had to be from your home state. Goodbye OU, OSU and a lot of other powers. It’d be Texas, California and Florida against the world.

Dman890

I get the sentiment, but in this age of limited scholarships there's always going to be crossover.

And frankly, if we all bought into this mindset we would want TCU to only offer Texas kids.

Moose Stuff

I get the sentiment, but in this age of limited scholarships there's always going to be crossover.

And frankly, if we all bought into this mindset we would want TCU to only offer Texas kids.

I’m not faulting kids for leaving the state. I’m saying that if the Texas schools ever want to get better they’re gonna have to keep more of the BEST kids in the state. Show me another state in the country where the top tier of players go out of state with more consistency than Texas.

FrogLifeYo

It's the big time OL/DL talent leaving that hurts far worse than those QBs mentioned. Loads of excellent skill players in TX and we are getting some good ones

TAINTed frog

Most of these kids have no idea what it means to be a Texan. Just like their families and a lot of people who post on here, they have no idea, or pride, in Texas history and tradition.

They have no roots in Texas, there families did not share in the shaping of a Republic out of an unforgiving land, against hostile inhabitants, and throwing off the chains of an oppressive foreign dictatorship.

As far as I am concerned, if they want to go, they can go.
1499087052-buzz.gif

Moose Stuff

Yeah, but we’ve pulled some pretty good kids from LA. Certainly don’t want that to stop.

None of them were top rated recruits though. Of the top 20 recruits in Texas in each of the last 4 years FOURTY of them went out of state. Last year it was all of the top 6, 16 of the top 20, and 19 of the top 25 that went out of state. We had 2, UT had 2, Tech had 1, and A&M had 1. Ohio St, LSU, Stanford, and LSU all had at least 2 in that same group. THAT CAN’T HAPPEN.

Dman890

I’m not faulting kids for leaving the state. I’m saying that if the Texas schools ever want to get better they’re gonna have to keep more of the BEST kids in the state. Show me another state in the country where the top tier of players go out of state with more consistency than Texas.

Yes completely agree with that. We need our top players to stay in state. The Big12s rep needs to continue to improve for that to shift, and it’s definitely a chicken or egg proposition.

Punter1

None of them were top rated recruits though. Of the top 20 recruits in Texas in each of the last 4 years FOURTY of them went out of state. Last year it was all of the top 6, 16 of the top 20, and 19 of the top 25 that went out of state. We had 2, UT had 2, Tech had 1, and A&M had 1. Ohio St, LSU, Stanford, and LSU all had at least 2 in that same group. THAT CAN’T HAPPEN.

Chucky, McFarland, Graham and Lathan were all highly recruited... as is a certain QB this year....

tetonfrog

You want to know the main reason the Texas programs are down?..... Jalen Hurts, Baker Mayfield, Jarrett Stidham, Rodney Anderson, James Washington, Ronald Jones, JT Barrett..... and many many more

Adding Bake to this list is a cheap shot at GP. If we had wanted Mayfield, we could have had him. According to him, GP pulled his scholly and that was why he walked on at Tech.

Good timing with this today.