• The KillerFrogs

Hugh Freeze just resigned

LVH

I always said Scott Drew was the test run for Art Briles.

Scott Drew took a program that got basically a death penalty in basketball and 3 years later was bringing in McDonald's All Americans and near the top of the Big 12. He did this by cheating and bringing in high risk players that other programs don't touch.

It worked and Baylor got their first NCAA bid in 2008. The same year they hired Briles. They basically said "Scott Drew was able to do it for basketball, now lets do it for football". Cheat, then bring in a bunch of risk players and players kicked off of other programs.

jack the frog

NCAA investigators like money too. I wonder if the rebel bagmen rotate between the NCAA officials and croots, or if they are in divisions by their target audience.

Somebody deep on the inside (like Nutt) getting fed up is the only way a big program will feel the heat from crootin' with hookers and cash. It's not like we're talking animal abuse, multiple gang rape, and murder here.

My nefarious imagination ends before that at some point mainly because I am the kind of guy that if I stole a piece of gum from 7-11 a SWAT team would take me down but that might be real. NCAA investigators show up and the suitcase of cash comes out. Problem solved.

LSU Game Attendee

My nefarious imagination ends before that at some point mainly because I am the kind of guy that if I stole a piece of gum from 7-11 a SWAT team would take me down but that might be real. NCAA investigators show up and the suitcase of cash comes out. Problem solved.
At the very least, the NCAA treads ridiculously lightly around popular programs in fear of getting completely kicked to the curb by big money football.

I'll be positive and hope that MS related angst will spur NCAA to nuke a small, private, universally disliked football program that is deserving of nuking.

Frog-in-law1995

Ole Miss is the type of program the NCAA would use to "make an example". They have some name recognition, but aren't a blue blood so to speak and not an integral part of their success of their conference. NCAA hammers them, shows how they aren't soft on the SEC, and the wheels keep turning. No one in the SEC feels sorry for them and Ole Miss keeps their mouth shut as part of the code of the South. For the NCAA it is all about the appearance of being in control without pissing off the true power players.

But they are soft on the SEC, and have never been shy about that before. See: Newton, Cam.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I'll be positive and hope that MS related angst will spur NCAA to nuke a small, private, universally disliked football program that is deserving of nuking.

Absolutely. Ole Miss is eminently gettable, and would be a fine sacrificial lamb to show that the NCAA is "doing their job!" ("Harrumpf! Harrumpf!") It's nothing but pluses up and down the line: 1.) Alabama gets another patsy in Conference, instead of a tough opponent, 2.) The NCAA (as noted) has an example to point to when asked why they're not doing squat to Rape U., Miami (Fla.), Auburn, etc., and 3.) ESPN gets to huff and puff in righteous indignation, while secretly being elated that their beloved few SEC teams get an extra easy win and thus generate more pimpage for their SEC Network.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Ever since the NCAA botched the Miami scandal, they have backed off of everything, including a zillion rapes at Baylor. I don't see them digging too hard to find more dirt on an SEC team, even if their recruiting has been known to be dirty for at least the past 6-7 years like Ole Miss. The coach is gone, so they will give them a penalty and move on - nothing more to see here. Maybe they hit them hard by restricting the scholarships of their girl's soccer team.

But let this same thing happen at a private, non-power 5 school and they will crush them.