• The KillerFrogs

Huge Props from BroncoNation - And PLEASE come back!

HornyDude

Hey TCU fans, great, great game yesterday. I wanted to give you guys major props for coming to Boise to play us and give us a dose of our own medicine on the blue. I know it gets ragged on a lot here on the board, but hopefully your fans that attended the game enjoyed seeing the turf in person, as well as having a good experience at the stadium, with the fans, and in Boise.

I wanted to say thanks to TCU for coming to Boise to play (not that you really had a choice), but it has been a long time coming to get a team as good as TCU to come to Boise. Oregon was the only team close, but I think TCU is a better program of the only two national powerhouses to come into Boise.

I am grateful as well for Pattersons comments after the game, he was great. He was great after the Rose Bowl as well, and though he sometimes rubs me the wrong way, he is an amazing coach, and I think he and Petersen are the two best in the business, and both run pretty tight, clean ships.

Hope you guys can come back up to Boise and that you can always keep that "little guy" chip on your shoulders, don't ever forget what made you TCU.

As tough as it is to lose a game, I can't think of a better team, program, and coach to give one up to. As both teams took the field yesterday I was a little perturbed (just like at the FB) that one of them had to lose.

Great game, and good luck in the Big12, you guys are going to be hard to stop. Just don't forget about us little guys out there that might need a bodybag game with an AQ soon...
biggrin.gif

Oh, and I almost would have felt dirty winning that game had we made the field goal, that PI call was pretty bad. Good thing it worked out correctly. Now, had we not fumbled to give you the ball back, it would have been a different story.....

bscttyb

Classy post. Wasn't able to attend the game, but i would like to at some point in my life. Good Luck the rest of the way.

rifram09

Thanks!! With you all going to the Big East, I think the next time we meet will be for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!! Go get 'em! We will, too!

+1 Except, I hope the NEXT time we face them less is riding on the outcome than a national title... nobody in this series has been able to win two straight, and the next game is their turn. :huh:

It would still be a ton of fun. Great game between two great programs, as always.

spanarkel9

HD, thanks for being so even minded and gracious. My friend and I stayed downtown at the Grove and there are not enough positive things I can say about Boise, BSU, the game experience or any aspect of our trip. You have a city and a program to truly be proud of.

Coach Patterson said he never wanted to play us again, especially out of conference since they would have their hands full in the Big 12. He did say that he thought the Big 12 should invite Boise into the conference. After the post game interview he gave I have better feelings about your coach then I used to. He showed a lot of class.

Endless Purple

Good post, can't wait till our next bowl matchup.

Oh, and I almost would have felt dirty winning that game had we made the field goal, that PI call was pretty bad. Good thing it worked out correctly. Now, had we not fumbled to give you the ball back, it would have been a different story.....
Hey, we gave you the fumble to start the second half, so it just makes us even.

smufrogger

Coach Patterson said he never wanted to play us again, especially out of conference since they would have their hands full in the Big 12. He did say that he thought the Big 12 should invite Boise into the conference. After the post game interview he gave I have better feelings about your coach then I used to. He showed a lot of class.
He reaally can relate to Boise- fighting the non aq battle, getting little respect, not having the four stars but yet still winning. I'll say this- he really is gracious to Boise. The only knock I cAn think of on legendary h GP is that he can appear to be a sore loser. But I love that- show me a gracious loser. And I'll show you a loser!
Don't forget his shout out to Boise after the rose bowl.

fanatical frog

My wife and I have been blessed to be able to travel some. And following the frogs is our favorite form of travel. We've followed the frogs to West Point; Charlottesville, Virginia; Provo, Utah; San Diego; Norman, Oklahoma; and on and on......and we've interacted with some very cordial and gracious fan bases.

With that preface, the Boise State fan base was the most welcoming; hospitable ; gracious and friendly we've had the pleasure to experience. We lost track of the number of people who interrupted what they were doing to approach us and welcome us to Boise. And not just at the stadium.....some really nice folks at Big Juds and other places all around town. Even after the game in their obvious disappointment, Boise folks took time to congratulate us and thank us for coming to Boise.

I've got to tell ya'......I thought the Blue turf was pretty cool. It's a distraction on television , but in person.....it's unique and looks very cool. You guys have the best and most extensive tailgating I've ever witnessed and your 34,000 fans made an amazing amount of noise in that beautiful stadium. Beautiful campus I'm certain you're justifiably proud of. I've been very much impressed with the class of Coach Petersen and your players, most particularly with their comments following your game with Nevada last year....all were very supportive of the kicker and talked about how he was a great member of the Boise family both before and after the game.

I will say that, both on the field and in the stands as well as all around town, Boise State exemplifies the best of what college football is all about. Keep on doing what you're doing Boise, you'll be rewarded in the end.