• The KillerFrogs

How NOT to prepare for an option offense...

geefrogs

I am pleased to know that CGP has prepared TCU for the Air Force option since Spring Practice so we wont have the same results that Notre Dame is having today trying to stop an option offense.

Navy up 28-10 in the 3rd qtr. Already 200 yards of rushing offense.

Young and Horned

I think we are going to see a lot of gives up the middle, since we have shown we have problems stopping it with BYU and SMU. With that, you would have to think AF may try to add a lil something that we have not seen from them this year. Then again, if our offense doesn't start quiet and we run it up on them early, then it may not matter.

cdsfrog

4-2-5 defense dominiate the option. then our speed, size, and preparation all come into play.

that being said, air force executes pretty well too. Hope we win big

weklfrog

I think we are going to see a lot of gives up the middle, since we have shown we have problems stopping it with BYU and SMU. With that, you would have to think AF may try to add a lil something that we have not seen from them this year. Then again, if our offense doesn't start quiet and we run it up on them early, then it may not matter.
did you watch the byu game or even look at the stats? they had 56 yards rushing against us in 27 attempts, averaging just over 2 yards per carry. Don't see how that translates to having problems stopping any kind of run against byu.

cdsfrog

did you watch the byu game or even look at the stats? they had 56 yards rushing against us in 27 attempts, averaging just over 2 yards per carry. Don't see how that translates to having problems stopping any kind of run against byu.

they did have like 2 good runs...lol

byuhog

Navy and AF do the option exceptionally well. That's what they do and they know how to do it well.

You need to have the right scheme for it and be prepared.

One thing you can't really prepare for though is the speed and efficiency in which they do it. Your scout team is just not gonna cut it, no matter if you have fast athletes like TCU or ND.

Not sure if the rain and wet conditions will favor AF in this matchup, but maybe it could. You have to react to the offense and in this case, it might make for a tough game for TCU. We'll see how it pans out.

Reflectively, TCU has a great offense and strong rushing offense of their own that I am not sure how AF will manage to stop. However, AF defense is used to stopping the run all the time or trying to, so maybe TCU doesn't have more than 150 yards rushing. We'll see how it plays out.