• The KillerFrogs

Houston roadtrip recommendations

ShreveFrog

Looking for recommendations for hotels and restaurants/bars pregame and postgame, not too far from the Coogs’ stadium. Though I understand it’s not in the best part of town. TIA! Go Frogs!

Chongo94

Gotta visit 5th ward.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Dogfrog

Lived there about 20 years. If I went I'd probably stay downtown. Maybe revisit some haunts with old friends around Seabrook, Kemah, Clear Lake. Probably has changed a bit over the past few years.

Endless Purple

I know many UH fans have said the metro rail is an easy way to get to and from the games. If you stay at a hotel near the rail line, you would be able to avoid driving. However some of the cash lots are not that hard to get out of, but are a little walk from the stadium across campus. I would park in the garage on Elgin which was a cash lot last year that lets out right by the frwy.

Would probably find places to eat not by the stadium. The Kemah suggestion above would be easy. Roughly a 20 minute drive south of the stadium and less complex than driving around the galleria area. Galleria area does have may hotels and restaurant options. Just drive up 59/69 towards downtown then go south on 45. Exit Cullen and left on Elgin will take you right to the Elgin parking garage.

Endless Purple

If you want a bar nearby Axlrad is kind of fun. Lots of hammocks and things in the outdoor area. It is also a straight 10 minute drive down Alabama right to the stadium. Just need to navigate around to parking.

To add: I have not been there on a game day, so it might be quiet pregame time.

fanatical frog

I know many UH fans have said the metro rail is an easy way to get to and from the games. If you stay at a hotel near the rail line, you would be able to avoid driving. However some of the cash lots are not that hard to get out of, but are a little walk from the stadium across campus. I would park in the garage on Elgin which was a cash lot last year that lets out right by the frwy.

Would probably find places to eat not by the stadium. The Kemah suggestion above would be easy. Roughly a 20 minute drive south of the stadium and less complex than driving around the galleria area. Galleria area does have may hotels and restaurant options. Just drive up 59/69 towards downtown then go south on 45. Exit Cullen and left on Elgin will take you right to the Elgin parking garage.
If you do go to Kemah, the Aquarium is excellent assuming it's still in business. My clients loved it. I always ordered the stuffed flounder with Melissa sauce. Amazing. There is a nice Residence Inn there not far from NASA. They have a beautiful two story fish aquarium there and the atmosphere is very nice.

LVH

The UH area is a dump

Mala Sichuan Bistro is the place to go for authentic Chinese

Mico's Hot Chicken

Taste of Texas

Eight

Looking for recommendations for hotels and restaurants/bars pregame and postgame, not too far from the Coogs’ stadium. Though I understand it’s not in the best part of town. TIA! Go Frogs!

blind goat and traveler's table

if chris shepard is involved with it that is a green light as well as any of hugo ortega's restaurants

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Last time I was there in 2007, TCU beat the Cougs in the Texas Bowl. Came out to find a Cougar High fan put a dent in the middle of my hood with his fist. Pure class.