• The KillerFrogs

Houston and TCU can make it to the BCS Bowl can't they?

frogbyproxy

The BCS matched both TCU and Boise a couple of years back and was a Fiesta I guess you can say! In all seriousness Houston can get in by being in the top 12. TCU can also get in if they are top 16 since the Big East doesn't have a team ranked above us. Below is the regulation that refers to what I just said!

3.b.
If two or more teams from those conferences satisfy the provisions for an automatic berth, then the team with the highest finish in the final BCS Standings will receive the automatic berth, and the remaining team or teams will be considered for at-large selection if it meets the criteria.

http://www.bcsfootball.org/news/story?id=4857712

NubomTurk

Tier 1
Two losses and we're still in the discussion. We've come a long way, boys and girls.

Legendary. Rose Bowl Winning. Head Coach. Gary. Mold. Fracturing. PATTERSON!

NubomTurk

Tier 1
You left out Angry Prostate.
And LRBWADCMFDC. And LRWBDC Richard Mustache-Frontin' Bumpas, but I was on a roll...

Really, moderators? (gay man's dream)? So... References to (gay man's dream) Nixon, (gay man's dream) Butkus, and (gay man's dream) Bumpas get edited?

And another thing: my uncle's gay, and he assures me that (gay man's dream) Cheney is no gay man's dream.

froginmn

The BCS matched both TCU and Boise a couple of years back and was a Fiesta I guess you can say! In all seriousness Houston can get in by being in the top 12. TCU can also get in if they are top 16 since the Big East doesn't have a team ranked above us. Below is the regulation that refers to what I just said!

3.b.
If two or more teams from those conferences satisfy the provisions for an automatic berth, then the team with the highest finish in the final BCS Standings will receive the automatic berth, and the remaining team or teams will be considered for at-large selection if it meets the criteria.

http://www.bcsfootball.org/news/story?id=4857712
Boise... Yes TCU could get an at large but unlikely

frogbyproxy

Boise... Yes TCU could get an at large but unlikely

The way it is written gives the option to the team which wins it's conference. TCU if they win out has satisfied the conference champion part and the other top 16 can not state they have won their conference. Thus TCU has satisfied 3.b and the at large bid states:

(1) if any conference has two or more teams in the top 14, then two of those teams must be selected and (2) from the teams ranked 15-18, a bowl can select only a team from a conference that has fewer than two teams in the top 14.

Going out on a limb and saying Orange Bowl and it's Clemson vs TCU!

Ooops time to get out of the hospital! Have a great day all!