• The KillerFrogs

Hoover should start the rest of the year

Don Sanders

Sometimes it just does not work and with Chandler, maybe that is the case.
Just like when I was 14, crashed a motorcycle into the side of a car and
could never play sports again. Nothing bad, just did not work out for me!

Chongo94

Melikey GIF by Luke Guy

Frogfam4

I agree. I just hope it isn't a fluke. Morris looked great in his very first start too
Hoover has played and when he did play he was just like tonight, pretty good. The team took to him great. He is the QB of this team. He can run/move when he needs to and makes good throws to the right guy. Will he make mistakes yes, but I can take mistakes from a young guy not from a guy that has been in college 3-4 years making freshman mistakes

Frogfam4

Everyone on this board said the same thing about chandler after his first start against Baylor…

BYU is not a conference title contender…let’s wait until November with a real sample size…
I think people that said that about morris was saying that because at that time Duggan was not what he was last year. Hoover has shown he can do it in the few games he has played this year. Today he showed it in a full game

HornFrogger

Was at the game with two little girls that were freezing in the breeze, so I missed a fair amount; but it looked like the staff told Hoover never to run in the 1st. After half it looked like Hoover had a little freedom to run, ran down the west sideline and head-butted a defender, and was then promptly told no more running. I think his lack of dual threat is more of a depth at the position issue than an ability issue. Thoughts?

Cfrog1985

Ticket Exchange Pass
One thing to consider is that BYU probably does not have as good of defense as WVU or ISU. With that being said, Hoover after today has earned the start for next week.

WVU defense isn’t good. We played like dog crap and had horrible coaching to their adjustments. Did you see the Houston game?

Maybe morris was limited. Maybe we got nervous and choked but we played awful versus ISU and WVU. Both should have been wins point blank

Lots to be optimistic about but our coaches screwed the first few games and our team as a whole didn’t play well. Today they did across the board just like SMU game.

Last edited: