• The KillerFrogs

Hire Joe Brady now!!!

Eight

He’s proven, NFL and LSU experience...would be a similar hire to Riley at OU....the kid is a genius! But I understand your short sightedness...!

proven?

curious, since he has been at lsu, when didn't they have a talent edge over the opposing defense

that aside, there are the other aspects of being a head coach

archifrog

You think it's short sighted for someone to question whether it would be a good idea to replace our most successful coach with someone who has never been anything higher than a passing game coordinator for one season?

Joe is a proven and an in demand commodity....Gary has laid an incredible solid foundation for a Joe Brady to build upon....

Joe is a proven and an in demand commodity....Gary has laid an incredible solid foundation for a Joe Brady to build upon....
He has had a very successful season and I'm sure anyone in college football would be happy to have him on staff but he's a 30 year old with one season as a passing game coordinator. He is anything but proven as a head coach. Did anyone else offer him a head coaching job for any of the vacancies that were out there this year? Nope.

archifrog

He has had a very successful season and I'm sure anyone in college football would be happy to have him on staff but he's a 30 year old with one season as a passing game coordinator. He is anything but proven as a head coach. Did anyone else offer him a head coaching job for any of the vacancies that were out there this year? Nope.

Eight

Thus my rationale to hire him NOW!!!

thus the response by some this rationale was asine

you still haven't named me one defense that wasn't overmatched by the lsu offensive personnel

brady has done a great job, but they have been holding all the trumps this year

archifrog

thus the response by some this rationale was asine

you still haven't named me one defense that wasn't overmatched by the lsu offensive personnel

brady has done a great job, but they have been holding all the trumps this year
Alabama...for starters..

texas_sicilian

Thus my rationale to hire him NOW!!!
There are so many holes in this that I don’t have the time to articulate them all.

CGP is a 20+ year top 10 NCAA HC that happens to also be our DC. Who takes his place? Our staple is our defense. That is not replaceable in any short amount of time.

One year as a passing coordinator is not “proven”. He has never had the experience or responsibilities of a full HC and no grooming/prep for such a role either.

Anyone can look great, offensively, particularly with a heisman QB. Remember how great Cumbie/Meachum looked with Boykin/Doctson?

Also, remember that Cumbie was a young/hot commodity a few years back that we had to lock in before UT snatched him, and...

I can go on...

Eight

Florida? Georgia?

georgia maybe a draw, but as been pointed out multiple times a great deal of their success against uga was reads and throws made by burrow.

a former hs aa quarterback who is a fifth year senior paired with the best receiving group in the country.

where they good because of brady brady good because of them, or did they lift each other?

jtgofrogs

Any coach can call the first 20 plays that he spent all week scripting...It’s what happens when those run out that defines how good a coordinator someone is...by that metric Sonny gets a F
Curious then why for most of the season Offense got off to slow starts and were much better in the second half?

archifrog

There are so many holes in this that I don’t have the time to articulate them all.

CGP is a 20+ year top 10 NCAA HC that happens to also be our DC. Who takes his place? Our staple is our defense. That is not replaceable in any short amount of time.

One year as a passing coordinator is not “proven”. He has never had the experience or responsibilities of a full HC and no grooming/prep for such a role either.

Anyone can look great, offensively, particularly with a heisman QB. Remember how great Cumbie/Meachum looked with Boykin/Doctson?

Also, remember that Cumbie was a young/hot commodity a few years back that we had to lock in before UT snatched him, and...

I can go on...

Same old tired excuses/rationale that will perpetuate mediocrity IMO...I feel like CGP often feels unappreciated and would easily walk away if he was offered by another program..It seems to be a pervasive attitude that has become a bit of a cancer...so grateful for what his has done but I think a change might be the best for him and TCU...

Latest posts