• The KillerFrogs

Here's what I think happens tomorrrow

Virginia Frog

With perfect hindsight we beat them with great O line play and lots of go deep routes.
The tackling needs to improve.

A lot of missed tackles, resulting in 1st downs, extra yardage and the missed sack on the last pass (bogus) interference call with 4th down..it would have been the end of the game.

Also, fumble fingers too much on "O" and the "kicking for points" personnel is a just cause for fan dissatisfaction.

Deep Purple

Before we anoint Gunner as a prophet for his accurate call on our running shortfall, here's the portion of his pre-game post that wasn't so prophetic...

Fuente and Anderson know all this and expect them to run the option alot. That will help keep the pressure off Pachall. Need the reverse option(where QB steps one way and reverses to option to the opposite side, with 2 lead blockers).
[...]
The only way to beat 'em is for Pachall to get hot with the short pass game. Outscore those "suckers" is the best plan of attack..

An no turnovers!
We ran the option a few times, but certainly didn't rely on it -- and once it exploded in our faces for a near turnover and a huge loss of yardage.

We never ran the reverse option at all (unless I missed it).

We threw some short passes, but didn't rely on that either. We were put in a position to win the game by the long ball.

And no turnovers? We can only wish.

Gunner

You didn't need to type anything beyond this. If the above happens we lose, and probably by quite a bit.

Well, it did, and we didn't lose by "quite a bit". Someone posted we gained 53 yards rushing, but that was distorted by fumbles in the backfield and a couple other big losses. Who would have believed we would win with those turnovers and giving up the cheap TD...

I thought all year our backs were not getting deep enough on the option pitch. And it bit us tonight when the DE knocked down the pitch. Maybe they should just line up a little deeper.

Endless Purple

We're going to need big plays in order to have a chance at victory. I think we will see more passes between 10-20 yards than we have seen this year. Look for the ball to get to Boyce, Dawson and others in space to make their safetys stay back. We might throw the ball deep a couple of times but the OL will have to be very good in order to. Pop a RB through a quick seam and hope we get 10+ yards on multiple occasions and then their LBs will have to stay home and not drop into the passing lanes.
Was this the most accurate post?

25 yd TD pass
69 yd TD pass
74 yd TD pass
75 yd TD pass