• The KillerFrogs

Heavy: Jamie Dixon UCLA Rumors: Will TCU Coach Leave for Bruins?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
gettyimages-932944314.jpg

Heavy: Jamie Dixon UCLA Rumors: Will TCU Coach Leave for Bruins?

Jamie Dixon has been a model of consistency during his career. Since taking over for Ben Howland at Pitt in 2003, and then TCU in 2017, the 53-year old has recorded at least 20 wins in all but one season.

Taking over an established program such as the Panthers and churning out a few 30-win seasons is decent…but what he’s done at a perennial Big XII bottom-dweller is pretty remarkable. The Horned Frogs hadn’t reached the NCAA Tournament since 1998 before Dixon arrived. In year one, they won the NIT. By year two, they earned a No. 6 seed in the Big Dance.

The program hadn’t eclipsed 20 wins once in the previous decade before Dixon showed up. Now it has 3-straight. While an NIT quarterfinals matchup tonight against Creighton (9 p.m. EST, ESPN) isn’t too inspiring, it’s a long ways ahead of what he inherited.

Read more at https://heavy.com/sports/2019/03/jamie-dixon-ucla-bruins-coach-rumors/

Pharm Frog

This was a topic on ESPNU radio yesterday. Claim was that UCLA wants UVA coach first but not much hope there. Second name mentioned was CJD. Oddly no mention of Hoiberg

East Coast

Tier 1
The UCLA program is a mess. All he has to do is talk to Ben Howland to know it is a bad situation. Also, I think coaches salaries are somewhat capped by California law, so I'm not sure that UCLA can even afford him. Only draw I see is if his parents are close by and he feels he needs to be there...

Oh, New York radio was discussing this, and the feeling was they will have trouble luring a top 50 type coach. Best case was an up and comer, or someone like Hoiberg, who might be looking to get back into the game.

LVH

If CJD goes to UCLA, maybe we can offer Steve Alford. He's looking.

If, and its a big if, we lost Jamie Dixon(don't think it has any chance of happening), my first phone call would be to Craig Smith. And then Mark Schmidt if Craig Smith said no.

Eight

if a woman from your past who used to be really hot, but now is just attractive [ Finebaum ]s all over one of your best friends do you take up with her?

Putt4Purple

if a woman from your past who used to be really hot, but now is just attractive [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]s all over one of your best friends do you take up with her?

The answer would be no IF you could find another that is better. If yes then good for you. Considering the Frogs history of BB coaches, then he/she is the best you've got. Not sure why your down on coach JD just because he may be considering another school. Maybe its because of weak school, fan support such as yours? Just asking.

PO Frog

The answer would be no IF you could find another that is better. If yes then good for you. Considering the Frogs history of BB coaches, then he/she is the best you've got. Not sure why your down on coach JD just because he may be considering another school. Maybe its because of weak school, fan support such as yours? Just asking.
He was referring to UCLA genius

lowfrog

Considering California's situation these days and all the California plates seen on cars across Texas, it's probably more likely that UCLA players/coaches/staff will transfer/defect to a Texas school.

4 Oaks Frog

The UCLA program is a mess. All he has to do is talk to Ben Howland to know it is a bad situation. Also, I think coaches salaries are somewhat capped by California law, so I'm not sure that UCLA can even afford him. Only draw I see is if his parents are close by and he feels he needs to be there...

Oh, New York radio was discussing this, and the feeling was they will have trouble luring a top 50 type coach. Best case was an up and comer, or someone like Hoiberg, who might be looking to get back into the game.
Taxes, gas prices, taxes, more taxes, pot holes, taxes, weird politics, did I mention taxes? JMFD seems like a smart guy. I think he is smart enough to stay out of WeirdPotholePoliticHighGasPriceTaxville...
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe] & ucla!!