• The KillerFrogs

Goodbye Mountain West

Frog_Fan71

The MWC and TCU was the perfect storm at the right time. It truly did raise all ships for those schools that actually had an astute crew manning them. Utah, TCU and BYU to a much lesser extent all benefited from fielding such quality teams. Utah got the nod for the PACx and TCU got the nod from the BE then the B~12. BYU experienced mutiny and is still looking for the lost city of Atlantis. Nevertheless, the end result is that TCU made its own way by playing the game the right way and without the MWC, that would not have been possible.

Go Frogs!

West Coast Johnny

24 straight conference wins, 3 straight conference championships - 5 wins 2 losses in bowl games. Never lost to New Mexico, Colorado State, UNLV or SDSU, and we won your stupid low payout bowl game that you made us go to.

That's how you leave a conference! Are you listening A&M, Missouri, Nebraska, Utah, BYU, Pitt, Syracuse.... You got out by putting your foot up the collective asses of all your conference "rivals".

bouttmk

As excited as I am about the Big 12 (and it should have included TCU from Day 1), I will always be nostalgic for the conference that only existed in my head. Imagine an all sports conference made up of TCU, Utah, BYU, Hawaii, Nevada, UNLV, Air Force, Colorado State, Wyoming, New Mexico, San Diego State, and Boise State. That would have been a better football conference than the Big East and the ACC. It would have had a team every year that could compete for a national championship in men's and women's volleyball. It would have competed in golf and tennis and would have had a Sweet 16 or better in basketball. It wouldn't have been a bad home, even though the Big 12 is probably the perfect home. I'm just going to miss those late time zone games.