• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Texas Tech at TCU Baseball Series Preview

FrogBall09

Meanwhile our former coach that ADJD determined was not worth extending before his final season has a program that struggled for well over a decade ranked 3rd and just run ruled the SEC standard bearer for the last 15 years…

What a joke

FrogBall09

I don't think Schlossnagle wanted to be here anymore.
Keep drinking the kool aid that moose fed you….

I sat on a deck with him more weekends at Eagle Mountain than not that last season and he looked at multiples houses with my realtor including putting in offers….

He wasn’t going anywhere until our all knowing AD determined he should have to “earn” an extension as if 5 CWS trips wasn’t enough

bc puckett

Keep drinking the kool aid that moose fed you….

I sat on a deck with him more weekends at Eagle Mountain than not that last season and he looked at multiples houses with my realtor including putting in offers….

He wasn’t going anywhere until our all knowing AD determined he should have to “earn” an extension as if 5 CWS trips wasn’t enough
Seriously? Was Schloss a great coach who put the program on the map? Absolutely. Was it time for a lot of reasons to move on? Probably. But there seem to be a whole lot of people on here who quickly forget that KS took this team to Omaha last year and finished as the number 4 team in the country. Is this season a disappointment? Of course. But I think KS has certainly earned some time to straighten it out. Just ask yourself when the Frogs were in Omaha last year where was Coach Schloss?

PurpleBlood87

Seriously? Was Schloss a great coach who put the program on the map? Absolutely. Was it time for a lot of reasons to move on? Probably. But there seem to be a whole lot of people on here who quickly forget that KS took this team to Omaha last year and finished as the number 4 team in the country. Is this season a disappointment? Of course. But I think KS has certainly earned some time to straighten it out. Just ask yourself when the Frogs were in Omaha last year where was Coach Schloss?

It's easy to forget what happened last year when the Frogs are 5-11 in Big 12 play and on the verge of digging a hole so deep they won't even qualify for the Big 12 Tournament.

CKS and his staff need to find a way to string some wins together and at least qualify for the Big 12 Tournament.

Last edited:

LisaLT

It's easy to forget what happened last year when the Frogs are 5-11 in Big 12 play and on the verge of digging a hole so deep they won't even qualify for the Big 12 Tournament.

CKS and his staff need to find a way to string some wins together and at least qualify for the Big 12 Tournament.
I hope but not holding my breath

LisaLT

GO NYY
Major League Baseball Sport GIF by MLB

LVH

I've said it time and time again but the problem is travel ball. Sarloos needs to say no to all travel ball players.

Travel ball is cancer. It ruins players. It breeds a sense of entitlement, makes younger kids hate baseball because it becomes a year round chore, and makes it harder for the young kids to have a well rounded set of athletic skills.

I laugh at every set of parents who waste thousands of dollars on travel ball, thinking their kid is the next Derek Jeter, taking out a 2nd mortgage on the house and maxing out the credit cards to travel to Destin or Hoover for some random "12U WORLD SERIES" every weekend, only for their kid not to pan out. Most of them won't go beyond high school, and those who do might get a 25% scholarship in college. Total waste of money and terrible ROI.

Travel ball ruined youth baseball and baseball at pretty much every level. Arrogant entitled kids who suck total ass at baseball. I laugh at travel ball kids who get benched at their high school over some natural talent kid who plays 2 other sports and never played travel ball in his life.

TCU baseball is FULL of entitled, arrogant, stuck up travel ball players. Read the bios the SID put together on GoFrogs. Actually talking about the travel ball teams they played for as if its a positive instead of a negative.

East Coast

Tier 1
I've said it time and time again but the problem is travel ball. Sarloos needs to say no to all travel ball players.

Travel ball is cancer. It ruins players. It breeds a sense of entitlement, makes younger kids hate baseball because it becomes a year round chore, and makes it harder for the young kids to have a well rounded set of athletic skills.

I laugh at every set of parents who waste thousands of dollars on travel ball, thinking their kid is the next Derek Jeter, taking out a 2nd mortgage on the house and maxing out the credit cards to travel to Destin or Hoover for some random "12U WORLD SERIES" every weekend, only for their kid not to pan out. Most of them won't go beyond high school, and those who do might get a 25% scholarship in college. Total waste of money and terrible ROI.

Travel ball ruined youth baseball and baseball at pretty much every level. Arrogant entitled kids who suck total ass at baseball. I laugh at travel ball kids who get benched at their high school over some natural talent kid who plays 2 other sports and never played travel ball in his life.

TCU baseball is FULL of entitled, arrogant, stuck up travel ball players. Read the bios the SID put together on GoFrogs. Actually talking about the travel ball teams they played for as if its a positive instead of a negative.
This is a problem in all youth sports. Kids specialize very early, parents spend lots of money, and they just flame out.

FrogBall09

“It was time ?”

And why was that?

He obviously wanted to be here when he asked for an extension and was told no

And he can still coach as he has proven by taking an Aggy team that was picked to finish near last to the CWS and has them Top 3 in the toughest conference in college baseball

The only reason it was time was because our AD is a child maturity wise and need to show he didn’t get the job to just babysit the existing coaches

Loos is one of the best pitching coaches in baseball - however he needs to drop the players coach approach as the HC - players don’t respond to it when thing get bad

So when we miss the conference tourney this year - how long does he have before we get to question sending the former Frog pitching coach from last year to AFA and replacing him with a guy who seems to be really below average?

Or continuing to let Bruce sit in the dugout to call offense when our offense is terrible and DiLaura is even worse at 3B?

The funny thing is the portal and NIL has made all the complaints about private school tuition Schloss had almost irrelevant now - but our current staff is not good at the portal and his staff at Aggy seem to be masters of i

FrogBall09

Why don’t you search the top 50 D1 teams in the country and list out the guys playing for them that didn’t play travel ball….

While 3 of the top 20 ranked high school age players don’t play for their high school team as seniors….

High school baseball is what is becoming irrelevant just like it has for basketball and Lacrosse