• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: TCU to Face Texas A&M in Houston

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
https://gofrogs.com/news/2021/9/2/mens-basketball-tcu-to-face-texas-am-in-houston.aspx

GoFrogs: TCU to Face Texas A&M in Houston

FORT WORTH – TCU will face Texas A&M for the second consecutive season on Dec. 11 at Toyota Center in Houston as part of The Battleground 2k21 event.

The game against the old Southwest Conference foe will be a return game for last season's contest that was held at Dickies Arena on Dec. 12 and was a 73-55 win by the Horned Frogs.

Out of 164 meetings, Texas A&M leads the series 88-76, but TCU has won four of the past five meetings, including the last three. The two teams last met in Houston on Dec. 26, 1957 and was a 65-54 win by the Horned Frogs. TCU is 4-2 against Texas A&M in Houston.

The other game taking place in The Battleground 2k21 will be between Sam Houston and UTSA.

The backdrop for The Battleground2k21 will be a community campaign called Athletes Against Abuse. The [a3] initiative, in connection with U-Sports Group and The Battleground 2k21, will combine competition and community by partnering with local youth organizations who support children who have been abused, abandoned, neglected or impoverished.

Tickets for The Battleground 2k21 will go on sale Friday, Sept. 10 at 10 a.m. and can be purchased online at ToyotaCenter.com. Tickets will also be available at the Toyota Center box office. Game times and television specifications will be released at a later date. For event details and updates, please visit USportsGroup.com.

OmniscienceFrog

The original sport could have been tiddlywinks for all I could tell from the article. But yes, we all know you like baseball...
Well, the fact that it was played in mid-December at Dickies Arena and the score was 73-55, I don't think it requires a PhD to figure out it was a basketball game.

froginmn

Not trying to pick a fight but I had the same observation as @DeepEllumFrog.

Dickie's Arena wasn't a thing when I lived in Ft Worth, but regardless a writer for an online source that is read anywhere shouldn't require the reader to pick up on subtle clues to figure out which sport is being discussed.

It isn't difficult to make the second and third words of the article "men's basketball". I couldn't tell men's or women's, and didn't look at the link detail.

Was confusing to me too.

Not trying to pick a fight but I had the same observation as @DeepEllumFrog.

Dickie's Arena wasn't a thing when I lived in Ft Worth, but regardless a writer for an online source that is read anywhere shouldn't require the reader to pick up on subtle clues to figure out which sport is being discussed.

It isn't difficult to make the second and third words of the article "men's basketball". I couldn't tell men's or women's, and didn't look at the link detail.

Was confusing to me too.
Correct