• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: TCU men's basketball opens season against CS-Bakersfield

flyfishingfrog

You really think we didn’t work on our shooting in the off season?
Yeah, I really think that....geez

I guess I should have said either it didn’t work or we seem to have only worked on mechanics and not situational shooting or we are just dumb sometimes on shot selection

Does that work better?

flyfishingfrog

It’s been a long time since I completely missed a basketball (or football) game. I understand from the thread that TCU didn’t play well but damn... three or four of y’all are just a beating. Same dudes..no matter what sport...
Wait - so you weren’t there but feel like you have solid ground to criticize those that were and how the reacted?

There are 3 or 4 of y’all that are always doing the self righteous bit no matter what the sport...

When we were 10 Pts down to a really mediocre CS Bakersfield team, gave up the laziest steal and 3 pt shot to end the half and then only got 3 pts in 9 trips down the court- it was pretty bad basketball

The overall crowd and thread got better as the team did and seniors stepped up with ARob driving the lane about 3 times instead missing the 3, Bane pounding the boards and getting 13 of 14 in the 2nd.

A team that has only 3 guys playing with any college experience is going to need time but outside of JDM, the entire team looked like freshman’s until about 5 mins into the second half and it was frustrating to say the least

Moose Stuff

Yeah, I really think that....geez

I guess I should have said either it didn’t work or we seem to have only worked on mechanics and not situational shooting or we are just dumb sometimes on shot selection

Does that work better?

Maybe we just had an off night? Or maybe Noi and Fisher being out had some effect on our performance? Or maybe we’re a VERY inexperienced team playing game 1 of the season and will take a little time to gel.

flyfishingfrog

Maybe we just had an off night? Or maybe Noi and Fisher being out had some effect on our performance? Or maybe we’re a VERY inexperienced team playing game 1 of the season and will take a little time to gel.
Maybe we just didn’t get any better at the things we were bad at last year also...

Bane was cold to start for sure but ARob looked just like last year - when he tried to shoot from the outside, he can’t hit it but when he sets up others or drives the lane he is amazing

The free throw thing is almost comical now - thanks goodness Davis looks solid and Bane got his touch in the 2nd half - 10 for 19 before that last run of 5 for 6 was a big part of the deficit - along with the 3 for a million from behind the line obviously

I am sure we will hit our stride once the experienced guys are all playing and mixing in some newbies instead if playing 3 freshman a lot like last night - hopefully that is soon so they all knock the rust of early

King of Fun

Should have beat this team by 20. Pathetic. I appreciate the media love we always get in both basketball and football, but like we football, we appear to be massively overrated at this point.

I almost wish they'd leave us out and let us prove we're worthy of the top 25.

y2kFrog

It is not shocking that we struggled shooting when we were missing our 2 best shooters who will be taking at least 30-40% of our shots. Add to that nerves of first college game for several. I think there will be a significant improvement Sunday afternoon. I would like to see more of Alok Sunday too. We seemed to play better with him on the floor.

netty2424

Maybe we just didn’t get any better at the things we were bad at last year also...

Bane was cold to start for sure but ARob looked just like last year - when he tried to shoot from the outside, he can’t hit it but when he sets up others or drives the lane he is amazing

The free throw thing is almost comical now - thanks goodness Davis looks solid and Bane got his touch in the 2nd half - 10 for 19 before that last run of 5 for 6 was a big part of the deficit - along with the 3 for a million from behind the line obviously

I am sure we will hit our stride once the experienced guys are all playing and mixing in some newbies instead if playing 3 freshman a lot like last night - hopefully that is soon so they all knock the rust of early
Game 1.

Portland Frog

Frogs
It is not shocking that we struggled shooting when we were missing our 2 best shooters who will be taking at least 30-40% of our shots. Add to that nerves of first college game for several. I think there will be a significant improvement Sunday afternoon. I would like to see more of Alok Sunday too. We seemed to play better with him on the floor.

Agreed on Alok. And get him the rock in the paint and let him go to work.

Wait - so you weren’t there but feel like you have solid ground to criticize those that were and how the reacted?

There are 3 or 4 of y’all that are always doing the self righteous bit no matter what the sport...

When we were 10 Pts down to a really mediocre CS Bakersfield team, gave up the laziest steal and 3 pt shot to end the half and then only got 3 pts in 9 trips down the court- it was pretty bad basketball

The overall crowd and thread got better as the team did and seniors stepped up with ARob driving the lane about 3 times instead missing the 3, Bane pounding the boards and getting 13 of 14 in the 2nd.

A team that has only 3 guys playing with any college experience is going to need time but outside of JDM, the entire team looked like freshman’s until about 5 mins into the second half and it was frustrating to say the least
Haha defensive much?

berryfrog95

I’m not that concerned....Game 1 jitters and not our full squad. However, ARob needs to hit the gym for Extra FT practice.....unacceptable for a Sr leader

Dogfrog

Should have beat this team by 20. Pathetic. I appreciate the media love we always get in both basketball and football, but like we football, we appear to be massively overrated at this point.

I almost wish they'd leave us out and let us prove we're worthy of the top 25.

Guessing your name is sarcasm?
If not, then irony?

Latest posts