• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: TCU Falls in WNIT Semifinal

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
http://www.gofrogs.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/032818aaa.html

GoFrogs: TCU Falls in WNIT Semifinal

Box Score | Final Stats | Notes | Photo Gallery
media-icon-photogallery.gif

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- TCU women's basketball's postseason run came to an end in the WNIT semifinals on Wednesday as the Frogs fell to Indiana, 71-59, inside Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall.

TCU (23-13) finishes the season with its most wins since 2007-08 and with the deepest WNIT run in program history. The Frogs had won on the road in their two previous WNIT games, but went cold on Wednesday night.

TCU was averaging over 80 points in its four WNIT games, but shot just 35 percent against Indiana (22-14) as the Hoosiers shot 53 percent, including 62 percent in the second half.

Dakota Vann led the Frogs with 13 points, including three of TCU's six 3-pointers. Amy Okonkwo was also in double figures with 11 points. Both came off the bench as TCU's bench outscored Indiana's, 37-0.

Defining Moments
Despite its poor shooting, TCU was down by just four points at halftime, 32-28. The Hoosiers, however, opened the third quarter with 3-pointers on their first two possession, pushing the lead to 10 points in just over a minute.

Indiana would go on to make 7-of-10 shots in the third quarter, including three 3-pointers, to take a 51-40 lead with 10 minutes remaining.

TCU would get that lead down to eight points, 51-43, on a Vann 3-pointer with 8:35 remaining in the game, but went scoreless over the next two minutes as Indiana pulled away again. The Hoosiers would build the lead up to as much as 18 points late the fourth quarter.

Stat of the Game
35 -- TCU shot just 35 percent (23-of-66), that after shooting over 50 percent in all four of its previous WNIT games. The Frogs were averaging over 80 points per game in the WNIT before Wednesday.

Quote of the Game
"Indiana deserves a lot of credit. This was a great atmosphere. I think the road games caught up to us. Not finishing layups, missing free throws, not pushing tempo like we can; I think we were just a little fatigued. We really tried to push, but it just felt like we were playing uphill all game." - Raegan Pebley

Up Next
TCU's successful season comes to an end as the Frogs won 23 games for the first time since 2010-11, made the deepest postseason run in program history, had a program-best seven-game Big 12 winning streak and spent three weeks in the top 25.

TCU's two seniors, Toree Thompson and Sydney Coleman, will both become TCU graduates in May.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Already getting IU people asking if I’m upset!?!

My response was that this was such a big world event it was on page 5 of the Indy Star.

By the way TCU men went to the Big Dance. How’d IU do?