• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: TCU at OSU MBB Preview

tetonfrog

Gritty win after ugly start. Anderson, Peavy & Eman lead the way. Frogs only turn it over 9 times, out rebound OSU 38-26 & hold them to 41% FG. Good for us to gut out a much-needed win, but Frogs can’t expect to dig an early hole like that again & win in Waco.

Wish the Big 12 could hire some competent refs. They seem to get worse every year.

NORMLFROG

lol, I probably deserve that. Well played.

My points stands though. Let em play, they probably know what they need to do.
That zinger was not directed at you at all. It was more of a commentary about how players can tune out a coach who sometimes pushes/coaches so hard. It becomes counterproductive at some point and the program stagnates.

We all had a front row seat.

NF

PurplFrawg

Administrator
That zinger was not directed at you at all. It was more of a commentary about how players can tune out a coach who sometimes pushes/coaches so hard. It becomes counterproductive at some point and the program stagnates.

We all had a front row seat.

NF
Reminds me of John Madden coaching the heck out of Kenny Stabler in a playoff or Super Bowl. Called timeout at a key moment and gave Stabler an animated lecture on what to do next. When Madden was done, he noticed Stabler was looking at the crowd and all he said was, "You know coach, these fans are seeing a heck of a game." Stabler hadn't heard a word Madden had said.

East Coast

Tier 1
I've turned the corner a bit on JD, but man, his overcoaching on the sidelines just drives me nuts. Like the announcer just said, "Jamie Dixon is coaching every pass".

To me if you feel like you need to coach the team on every pass and every switch and every possession, you're not doing worth a flip coaching during the week. Teach the kids how to play, set up a gameplan, and sit down and LET THEM PLAY. If they aren't executing what you've taught them, get another kid in there and use the bench as a motivator.

Drives be insane watching him coach.
I agree. I doubt that I could have played for him, but most of the players seem to love him. What do I know?

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Glad we won, but we have to got to stop coming out in the first half ice cold. We were able to come back and win this game, but it cost us the ISU game.
It almost feels like an extreme version of feel-your-opponent-out but yeah, it's becoming a problem.

I am still wondering if Coles is 100% after being out with a foot injury and now only seeing limited minutes. We know foot injuries can linger all season as not fully healed and we never got an update on that from those reporting on this team. Only 12 minutes last night and his rebounding numbers have been down since his limited return.

It was a needed road win last night and the Horned Frogs avoided becoming the Cowboys first victim.

Last edited:

Rose Bowl

The slow starts are worrisome but overcoming them also says something. We need more consistency from the start. Need Avery and Jameer to be better offensively and take care of the ball while giving us good defense.