• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: No. 19 TCU at Cincinnati Preview

CountryFrog

2-0 in conference play and 0-2 against the refs...
Agree with the sentiment but I won't go quite that far. Frogs had plenty of chances to win this one and just played terrible at the end of regulation. Nelson blew two layups and the most wide open 3 that anyone has ever had in a competitive basketball game. Plus the missed FT's by Peavy and Udeh and all the scheissing turnovers and just bad decisions. Also a really bad decision by Nelson on defense on the 3 in the corner that put Cinci up 2 with under a minute. There was no reason to help there and he leaves one of their best players open for a 3. And that's not even anything that happened in OT.

KU game was all on the refs. Frogs would've won that game if not for the blown call. So I'll say 2-1 vs the Big 12 and 0-1 vs the refs.

Froggy Style

Agree with the sentiment but I won't go quite that far. Frogs had plenty of chances to win this one and just played terrible at the end of regulation. Nelson blew two layups and the most wide open 3 that anyone has ever had in a competitive basketball game. Plus the missed FT's by Peavy and Udeh and all the scheissing turnovers and just bad decisions. Also a really bad decision by Nelson on defense on the 3 in the corner that put Cinci up 2 with under a minute. There was no reason to help there and he leaves one of their best players open for a 3. And that's not even anything that happened in OT.

KU game was all on the refs. Frogs would've won that game if not for the blown call. So I'll say 2-1 vs the Big 12 and 0-1 vs the refs.
Two plays, one elbow to the head after wildly swinging...one after someone behind grabbed Udeh's arm and he shook him off and maybe slapped his face.

Our guys ended up with a cut and no foul, theirs flopped and got two free throws and the ball. The refs are not consistent, and it continues to be a joke.

CountryFrog

Two plays, one elbow to the head after wildly swinging...one after someone behind grabbed Udeh's arm and he shook him off and maybe slapped his face.

Our guys ended up with a cut and no foul, theirs flopped and got two free throws and the ball. The refs are not consistent, and it continues to be a joke.
I completely agree. I wish Jamie had spoken to this more directly in comparison to the call in the Kansas game but he's just not someone who ever does that type of thing publicly. There is no logical way whatsoever to watch both of those plays and say that the one in the KU game is a flagrant and the one in this game is nothing. In my opinion neither should be a flagrant but if only one is then it should've been the call tonight and it's not even close. That cincy player was wildly swinging his elbow right in front of Peavy's face.

tetonfrog

The refs are bad in all of college hoops - not just the Big 12. We have to find a way to overcome them. The best way would have been to run away from them in the first half.

Led 26-16 with 13:19 remaining in the half.
Then splat: go scoreless for over seven minutes & let them back in the game. We should have been up 20 at halftime & there should’ve been no drama the rest of the way.

This loss will hurt our seeding in March.

CountryFrog

The refs are bad in all of college hoops - not just the Big 12. We have to find a way to overcome them. The best way would have been to run away from them in the first half.

Led 26-16 with 13:19 remaining in the half.
Then splat: go scoreless for over seven minutes & let them back in the game. We should have been up 20 at halftime & there should’ve been no drama the rest of the way.

This loss will hurt our seeding in March.
Well there aren't many losses that HELP your seeding in March. And yes, leading by 20 at half would've been an awesome plan.