• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Kick off times announced for three games

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Through the Big 12 Conference and its television partners, the kickoff times and TV coverage for three TCU football games this season were announced Thursday.

Sept. 1 season opener versus Southern in Amon G. Carter Stadium will have an 11 a.m. kickoff and be televised on FOX Sports Net. TCU will then have a short week with a Friday, Sept. 7, 7 p.m. contest at SMU on ESPN2. The Horned Frogs will face SMU on a Friday night for the third time in their last five trips to Dallas. TCU won 41-24 in 2010 and 33-3 in 2016, both on Friday evenings.

TCU's Thursday, Oct. 11, home game with Texas Tech will have a 6:30 p.m. kickoff on ESPN. It will be the Horned Frogs' first regular season Thursday game since a 40-10 home win over West Virginia in 2015.

The Horned Frogs' Sept. 15 game with Ohio State at AT&T Stadium in Arlington was announced earlier this month as a 7 p.m. contest on ABC.

TCU begins fall camp Aug. 2. The Horned Frogs return 11 starters from last year's squad that posted an 11-3 record, reached the Big 12 Championship Game and recorded a Valero Alamo Bowl victory over Stanford.

TCU is one of just five programs nationally to finish in the top 10 of the final polls at least three times in the last four seasons.

TCU’s 2018 Kickoff Times (TV)
Sept. 1 - Southern, 11 a.m. (FSN)
Sept. 7 - at SMU, 7 p.m. (ESPN2)
Sept. 15 - vs. Ohio State*, 7 p.m. (ABC)
Oct. 11 - Texas Tech, 6:30 p.m. (ESPN)
*AT&T Stadium; Arlington, Texas

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Lovely views of an empty stadium, with all the spectators who did show up huddled in the pitiful shade...

LeagueCityFrog

My guts says, Gary is like let's get this first game in the books sooner rather than later so I have more time to prep for SMU that coming Friday night on national tv is probably most likely for the 11am kickoff.

I personally don't mind the early start times minus the known heat. It's fun going to Del Frisco's or Joe T's after a home victory with a 230pm kickoff. Makes for a fun day. Tailgate from 12 to 2, win the game in the afternoon, go out and celebrate at a dinner afterwards. Winning recipe.

Trelvis

Glad I didn't renew my tickets. Between stuff like this and the Ohio State debacle, it makes it an easy decision to watch on TV.

tcujsauce

Glad I didn't renew my tickets. Between stuff like this and the Ohio State debacle, it makes it an easy decision to watch on TV.
tenor.gif

CountryFrog

My guts says, Gary is like let's get this first game in the books sooner rather than later so I have more time to prep for SMU that coming Friday night on national tv is probably most likely for the 11am kickoff.

I personally don't mind the early start times minus the known heat. It's fun going to Del Frisco's or Joe T's after a home victory with a 230pm kickoff. Makes for a fun day. Tailgate from 12 to 2, win the game in the afternoon, go out and celebrate at a dinner afterwards. Winning recipe.
CGP absolutely loves this and may have even requested it with a Friday game coming the following week.

I know fans hate it but there are always going to be one or two heat wave games every year so this is good timing for one of them. It wasn't going to be a raucous crowd for Southern no matter what time it kicked off.

Last edited: