• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: From The Desk of #ADJD

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
GoFrogs: From The Desk of #ADJD

Dear Horned Frogs Fans:

Excitement is in the air all around campus – for many reasons! While our football win over Oklahoma captured the nation's attention, we are off to a phenomenal start across the board in our athletics program this fall.

In addition to football's 4-0 start and No. 17 national ranking heading into Saturday's game at No. 19 Kansas with ESPN's College GameDay on site, our back-to-back Big 12 Conference champion women's soccer program is 10th in the country and will host Iowa State on Sunday at 1:00 p.m. on its Senior Day.

Rifle and equestrian are ranked No. 1 in the nation, and volleyball has posted impressive wins over Iowa State and West Virginia to start conference play. We also had a great week on the links as men's golfer Gustav Frimodt and women's golfer Sofia Barroso Sá earned medalist honors at their respective tournaments. In fact, women's golf had the medalist in both its tournaments this fall as Caitlyn Macnab won the season-opening Schooner Fall Classic en route to earning Big 12 Golfer of the Month honors. Your Horned Frogs are on fire!

Read more at https://gofrogs.com/news/2022/10/7/general-from-the-desk-of-adjd.aspx

Toad Jones

Years into being a dye hard sports fan, I find, if one major sport does well, the other sports teams catch fire, and it spreads to all corners of the campus. Even the town/cities benefit with increased revenue, excitement, tourist etc. All because a bunch of 18 to 21 yr old kids are performing well on the field. Such is - The power of excitement, power and confidence. If TCU can continue its course, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. Signs, banners, media saying kudos to TCU. Heck, even the crickets chirp louder and longer. Amazing, isn't it?

Holy Cow, listen, if TCU won a national championship, there would be toll booths on the major highways charging admission to get in to Ft. Worth and you couldn't even drive down University Drive. Cars bumper to bumper stopped at the zoo, unable to move up the hill. People getting out of their cars and walking to TCU because it was the more expedient way to your destination which was TCU of course.

Don't laugh, it could happen, you know.

Pharm Frog

Years into being a dye hard sports fan, I find, if one major sport does well, the other sports teams catch fire, and it spreads to all corners of the campus. Even the town/cities benefit with increased revenue, excitement, tourist etc. All because a bunch of 18 to 21 yr old kids are performing well on the field. Such is - The power of excitement, power and confidence. If TCU can continue its course, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. Signs, banners, media saying kudos to TCU. Heck, even the crickets chirp louder and longer. Amazing, isn't it?

Holy Cow, listen, if TCU won a national championship, there would be toll booths on the major highways charging admission to get in to Ft. Worth and you couldn't even drive down University Drive. Cars bumper to bumper stopped at the zoo, unable to move up the hill. People getting out of their cars and walking to TCU because it was the more expedient way to your destination which was TCU of course.

Don't laugh, it could happen, you know.
You are taking similar line of reasoning that my father had as a superintendent of schools. Always claimed that athletic success spread like a contagion through the schools including less truancy, vandalism, and other behavioral issues. Used to give speeches about how winning on the court and field usually elevates UIL academics, one-act-play, band and dance team and other extra-curricular activities. He recently spoke to a school board about this philosophy.

I was sitting with him at an intra-district basketball game when one of the head football coaches sat down and started talking about how impossible it was going to be to win at his school. My father said to schedule a Monday meeting with the principal and he’d make sure that he was re-assigned to coach track and field and they’d start the search to find a coach who could find a way to build a program and win. In two years that school made the 5A football playoffs and that was when only 1 made it out of district play. In fairness, my father did not hire the coach that turned it around. He says that it’s the principal’s job to hire for a winning campus.