• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Briles Announced as New Offensive Coordinator/QBs Coach

Wexahu

Yes, TCU (not the media) seems to be treating this just like any other hire…which is a problem. This isn’t any normal hire (whether you agree with the reasons why or not) and ignoring that is not a good call. Address the issue immediately and publicly so you can unify (or at least try to) the fan base and move on.
I think the way they have done it is fine. Again, almost nobody seems to think this is a real controversial hire except some TCU fans. Why make a bigger deal out of it than necessary? This is his 5th job since Baylor and other schools were chasing after him as well. I just don’t see what making a big deal out of it accomplishes.

Wexahu

Is Briles better than Riley?
Possibly.

I think Riley did fine but I remember when we were giddy about keeping Cumbie from jumping ship after 2015. You never know, we saw Riley for one year with an offense stacked with experienced upperclassmen. Besides, he’s gone. Was there someone out there we could have gotten that was definitely better than him?

arizonafrog12

Guarantee if we win 10+ games next year we’ll all be rejoicing this hire and how smart HCSD is… just like with Kaz… just let it play out. As I said in another thread, CFB is full of shady characters. Would I have hired KB? No, but I’m also not getting paid over $5m to make these decisions so why should I question the guy who just led us to the National Championship

Last edited:

Brog

Guarantee if we win 10+ games next year we’ll all be rejoicing this hire and how smart HCSD is… just like with Kaz… just let it play out. As I said in another thread, CFB is full of shady characters. Would I have hired KB? No, but I’m also not getting paid over $5m to make these decisions so why should I question the guy who just led us to a National Championship........game.
Fixed it for you.

TAINTed frog

I will hop on almost any reason to rip on TCU, but even I have the draw the line somewhere. Seemingly everyone on Twitter whining about the Briles hire also has pronouns in their bio. Just ridiculous amounts of virtue-signaling these days
Oh, the pearl clutching about this with most of the posters doing so is so rich. There’s a lot of lack of self awareness around here.

And, not condoning the hire. It’s a moral quandary but a lot of posters who are so steadfast against it sure have other areas in which they’re just as morally compromised.

I think a lot of this problem is because he was associated with Baylor our rival. Versus say, Maryland. If Kendal has coached at Maryland and this all happened most of the posters would give two [ Finebaum ]s.

K. Briles is the Associate Head Coach, second in command; so a bit more than a lateral move as he has another title and I assume more duty.
Associate Head Coach is just a title promotion, schools and coaches use it as leverage in job negotiations. Not much weight to it in the real world.

4 Oaks Frog

Yes, TCU (not the media) seems to be treating this just like any other hire…which is a problem. This isn’t any normal hire (whether you agree with the reasons why or not) and ignoring that is not a good call. Address the issue immediately and publicly so you can unify (or at least try to) the fan base and move on.
There is a giant elephant in this room…

Vlade Davis

Ticket Exchange Pass
If I am Briles, the last thing I want to do is address/acknowledge the past. By all accounts, he wasn't involved. Why on earth would he have to address it every time he takes a new job? People just want to pile on and virtue signal. Move on.

Calling it "virtue signaling" implies that you think we're being disingenuous. Is it really so hard for you to believe that some of us have a legit uneasiness with bringing more of the Baylor rape scandal into our program?